The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
alkrodien
:O am i right to say that nothing will appear on UCAS, but a portfolio request might appear in your mail??

yup :smile:
unless you get an offer or rejection. they will show you this on the UCAS tracking.

but with portfolios- not on ucas, it will be an email message or something through ur house post :P
so do check ur "junk mail" section in ur email account in case!!!
Reply 61
ttoffee
yup :smile:
unless you get an offer or rejection. they will show you this on the UCAS tracking.

but with portfolios- not on ucas, it will be an email message or something through ur house post :P
so do check ur "junk mail" section in ur email account in case!!!

Oh cool thanks!! Actually that is quite scary, no warning at all and you get a post in the mail! Or not. :frown: Wow... Thanks again for your reply :biggrin:!
Reply 62
ive had a drawing test request today! about time!

of course, im grateful.
Reply 63
Richiboi
ive had a drawing test request today! about time!

of course, im grateful.

Same! Lol, tell me about it, I really was beginning to think I would get a rejection straight off :frown:
Reply 64
Hey, I received my task today but I'm predicted AAC, I think I'll manage the two A's but I highly doubt I will do better than a C in Biology. Is it even worth me doing the task? Has anyone got an offer lower than AAB?
Reply 65
slokcin
Hey, I received my task today but I'm predicted AAC, I think I'll manage the two A's but I highly doubt I will do better than a C in Biology. Is it even worth me doing the task? Has anyone got an offer lower than AAB?

If they have given you the task even though you don't meet their typical requirements, then they obviously thought you had a strong application. So I would recommend that you definitely do the task... you may be presently surprised!
Reply 66
did any of yous get an offer from manchester k100? :smile:
did they give loads on friday?

i got on offer the other day- just need AAA grades now =/ gonna have to go crazy with work lolz.
Reply 67
ttoffee

i got on offer the other day- just need AAA grades now =/ gonna have to go crazy with work lolz.

you will still get in with AAB this year, but any lower and they wont let anyone in. Next year it will be AAA or nothing :/
Reply 68
+epic
you will still get in with AAB this year, but any lower and they wont let anyone in. Next year it will be AAA or nothing :/

Are you 100% sure lol? Can it act as an insurance then?
Reply 69
Je3y
Are you 100% sure lol? Can it act as an insurance then?

thats what they have told everyone who has asked, yes :smile:
Reply 70
+epic
thats what they have told everyone who has asked, yes :smile:

Hmmm
Reply 71
Je3y
Hmmm

How come? what offers have you got?

and how did you get 10 warning points?! :eek:
Reply 72
+epic
How come? what offers have you got?

and how did you get 10 warning points?! :eek:

Got AAA offers from Nottingham and Manchester... hoping to get an offer from brookes when I go to my interview...

10 warning points... haha i got it for talking about an exam that we were apparently not allowed to talk about... but i didn't even know... :s-smilie: oh well
Reply 73
Je3y
Got AAA offers from Nottingham and Manchester... hoping to get an offer from brookes when I go to my interview...

10 warning points... haha i got it for talking about an exam that we were apparently not allowed to talk about... but i didn't even know... :s-smilie: oh well

haha! just one post?! honestly :rolleyes:
Yeah i am banking on brookes too.....
Reply 74
ttoffee

Got portfolio require today...so buzy in doing my portfolio.

I have to hand up 3 kinds of portfolio for 3 different unis.
Reply 75
XXZ
Got portfolio require today...so buzy in doing my portfolio.

I have to hand up 3 kinds of portfolio for 3 different unis.

all the best with it!!! :smile:
i haven't started my liverpool portfolio yet =/
what three unis are they for??
Reply 76
ttoffee
all the best with it!!! :smile:
i haven't started my liverpool portfolio yet =/
what three unis are they for??

Liverpool, Manchester and Dundee...:smile:

What Manchester's require "avoid technical drawings" means?:confused:

Have you heard from Sheffield?
Reply 77
XXZ
Liverpool, Manchester and Dundee...:smile:

What Manchester's require "avoid technical drawings" means?:confused:

Have you heard from Sheffield?

I sent my sheffield portfolio before Christmas.. but they haven't said anything back yet :P

for my manchester one...
i think they like originality
.. good quick stuff basically.. not like.. things you have spent ages on. my work was really original but i got an offer surprisingly :s-smilie: lolz...

just don't do like rly graphical-like work or digital work. (not rly sure)
but i basically did
-one quick drawing of someone's face in black fineliner.
-flowers in a pot (in my house) in watercolour, black ink and white acrylic paint.
-a woman and her child in black ink.
-2 photos of some of my more finished-like A level Art work.. (paint, and the other-charcoal.)

as they say "draw what you see" from life. I think they like to see people produce good work in a short time.. (just guessing)...
Reply 78
ttoffee
I sent my sheffield portfolio before Christmas.. but they haven't said anything back yet :P

for my manchester one...
.. good quick stuff basically.. not like.. things you have spent ages on. my work was really original but i got an offer surprisingly :s-smilie: lolz...

but i basically did
-flowers in a pot (in my house) in watercolour, black ink and white acrylic paint.
-2 photos of some of my more finished-like A level Art work.. (paint, and the other-charcoal.)

as they say "draw what you see" from life. I think they like to see people produce good work in a short time.. (just guessing)...

Wow~:eek:

Sounds great!!!Thank you so much~:biggrin:

But should I use a lot of different medium to present my portfolio?:confused:
I don't think I can master as much painting skills as you are~:biggrin:
Reply 79
ttoffee

for my manchester one...

but i basically did

and your water masterpiece :eek:

Latest

Trending

Trending