Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I know there are some people on here who rejected either uni after getting an offer, and i'm just interested as to what made you turn it down? :p:

ReputationRep:
    This is a nice change from the norm; or at least it could be depending upon how it pans out...

EDIT: Very much OT, but please can someone help me -- are the words 'Tout comprendre c'est tout pardonner' in my signature green or dark grey? I have a mac and I wanted them to be dark grey, but I'm using a PC at the moment and it's turned green for some odd reason. I'm just wondering if the Windows world thinks I have absolutely no colour coordination? :p:

ReputationRep:
    My older cousin rejected Cambrudge on the basis of the extremely high workload and the location. She went to Edinburgh University instead.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jismith1989)
    This is a nice change from the norm; or at least it could be depending upon how it pans out...

EDIT: Very much OT, but please can someone help me -- are the words 'Tout comprendre c'est tout pardonner' in my signature green or dark grey? I have a mac and I wanted them to be dark grey, but I'm using a PC at the moment and it's turned green for some odd reason. I'm just wondering if the Windows world thinks I have absolutely no colour coordination? :p:
    I'd say dark grey.

I know someone who rejected Oxford, and it was because of the pressure and workload, so she went to one of the London unis instead, though I can't remember exactly which one.

ReputationRep:

its grey to me :P

ReputationRep:
    My girlfriend rejected Cambridge because she preferred other places for medicine.

ReputationRep:

Green

ReputationRep:
    Its lime green on IE, probably grey on firefox.

And there have been several threads on this topic before - so use search. Also have you read through the 'negatives of Oxbridge' thread in the same forum?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper

Green for me on IE.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Higgy90)
    its grey to me :P
    Good -- must just be this old PC I'm using. Thanks anyway.

EDIT: Looks like we have divided opinion. How odd... Maybe those who see it as grey are using Firefox?

ReputationRep:
    I didn't get to the point of getting an offer, but I withdrew my application to Cambridge after two interviews on the basis that I received an offer from LSE which was my preference to study politics anyway. I still wonder whether I would have got an offer, but I don't regret my decision at all =)

ReputationRep:

It's bright green to me.

Dark grey, but I'm on a mac too

ReputationRep:
    Poor Illigan's head is going to 'asplode' if he ever stumbles upon this thread.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vincente)
    My older cousin rejected Cambrudge on the basis of the extremely high workload and the location. She went to Edinburgh University instead.
    Ah I see, did she know about how high the workload was before she applied, or find out at the interviews?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vincente)
    My older cousin rejected Cambridge on the basis of the extremely high workload and the location. She went to Edinburgh University instead.
    good for her (nothing like bias )

ReputationRep:
    Good -- must just be this old PC I'm using. Thanks anyway.

EDIT: Looks like we have divided opinion. How odd... Maybe those who see it as grey are using Firefox?
    I checked both as I'm extremely bored
    Grey on firefox & green on IE

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Craghyrax)
    Its lime green on IE, probably grey on firefox.

And there have been several threads on this topic before - so use search. Also have you read through the 'negatives of Oxbridge' thread in the same forum?
    I did try and search, well scanned the first couple of pages and couldn't find anything...and I was just curious for actual relevant personal experiences, not just what's bad about oxbridge.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BrightGirl)
    I know there are some people on here who rejected either uni after getting an offer, and i'm just interested as to what made you turn it down? :p:
    One of my friends rejected Oxford to go to Harvard:eek:

ReputationRep:
    I pre-emptively rejected Oxbridge, haha.

(Original post by Solid_Snake_100)
    One of my friends rejected Oxford to go to Harvard:eek:
    Harvard is generally ranked higher than Oxford, not that that really means anything.

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
  • University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Mon, 7 Jan '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 9 Jan '19
Poll
Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.