The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 140
some irritating 'i hate oxbridge' type of person negged me and finished with a really dumb 'who knows'. didn't really read any of my posts properly at all -

"Stupid, stupid post. Elitism/snobbery or just pig-ignorance, who knows?"

whoever you are, just like to point out, the main problem with my post was making judgements about people i dont know, not snobbery...so you're wrong in that respect too.
If my grades were good enough *sighs dramatically and somewhat dreamily*, I doubt I'd actually like to go to Oxbridge. I may apply, just to see if my application would've been strong enough, but I would have been fearful of the perceived snobbiness of the students there. I was talking to one of my flatmates about this, and she said they weren't snobby at all, and she feels more at home there than she does here.

Also, I'm quite aware that the accomodation is rather expensive there, and the workload is immense. I'd also be a little put off with all the formalities, which is why I chose the newest college when applyign to Durham. The collegiate system sounds wonderful though!
Vazzyb
did you neg me?

Yeah, least I had a reason.

(I'll take your inability to defend yourself on any other point as an acceptance that I'm right, yeah?)
Vazzyb
some irritating 'i hate oxbridge' type of person negged me and finished with a really dumb 'who knows'. didn't really read any of my posts properly at all -

"Stupid, stupid post. Elitism/snobbery or just pig-ignorance, who knows?"

whoever you are, just like to point out, the main problem with my post was making judgements about people i dont know, not snobbery...so you're wrong in that respect too.

Why do you care? Outside TSR, in what way does this affect your life in any way whatsoever :confused:
Reply 144
missygeorgia
Yeah, least I had a reason.

(I'll take your inability to defend yourself on any other point as an acceptance that I'm right, yeah?)

oh right, you negged me, and asked me why I negged you lol

you're just the kind of the person who'd have reacted to my post really, what, with your '50 million A*' comment lol

you can take it anyway you want, doesn't really matter
Reply 145
I was going to reject Cambridge for UCL ESPS. How I ******** wish i had.
Reply 146
metalmonkey
Why do you care? Outside TSR, in what way does this affect your life in any way whatsoever :confused:

because i dont like being negged really - its mean :frown:
jismith1989
are the words 'Tout comprendre c'est tout pardonner' in my signature green or dark grey?

Viewed using Firefox on a few different Linux distributions, it appears to be a shade of grey :smile:
metalmonkey

That's where you're missing the point, some people don't live outside TSR. :eek::p:
arcoxia
How deserving??? Christ, how are your SATs going? Derserving, my ass. It's to do with your intelligence and aptitude for study. Not that because you think it'll be fun to study in a castle and that you hope your best friend will be a ginger kid called ron.

WTF? :rofl:

My SATs actually went really well thank you; should be hearing from the American unis I applied to in good time.
Reply 150
Toxic Tears
WTF? :rofl:

My SATs actually went really well thank you; should be hearing from the American unis I applied to in good time.

I doubt that considering your postings suggest that you're considering psychology in clearing.
moreiniho
Do you honestly think Cambridge would have thought your girlfriend deserved an offer if they knew that she wasn't up for a very high workload and didn't want a heavily science based course?Do you actually think she didn't research camb? Well, she did heavily. She applied there because she though it was likely to get an offer, more so that other places. If you know anything about medical interviews at camb, you'll know that is is heavily scientific as opposed to being ethically bases. She felt quite comfortable knowing that and combined with her grades and BMAT scores she had a great chance of getting in. That's why she applied there. If camb was her sole offer, she would have been more than happy. Also she was more than happy with the workload, she just preffered nottingham.

Are you telling me that when/if you apply for uni, you'll take into account the applications of others and how deserving they are?

Your post was hilarious. How old are you, I'm guessing about 14.

Wow I'm really getting under your skin, aren't I? We've even started throwing in (wrong) age guesswork :p:

There's no point arguing with you, it's your girlfriend so you can't see past your rose tinted glasses. What you girlfriend did was rather selfish but I'll let it rest for now.
arcoxia
I doubt that considering your postings suggest that you're considering psychology in clearing.

Who said I'm the one who's considering psychology in clearing?
Toxic Tears
Wow I'm really getting under your skin, aren't I? We've even started throwing in (wrong) age guesswork :p:

There's no point arguing with you, it's your girlfriend so you can't see past your rose tinted glasses. What you girlfriend did was rather selfish but I'll let it rest for now.

How was it possibly selfish, please give me one logical reason. Humour me.
Reply 154
Toxic Tears
Who said I'm the one who's considering psychology in clearing?

You did.
'Sorry, I know this is late, but could someone please tell me if any psychology courses were in clearing at all? Particularly interersted in Loughborough, Nottingham, Sheffield, Warwick, Aston, Southampton, Leicester, Bristol and Leeds.'
Unless you're now going to try and get yourself out of this mess by suggesting it was 'for a friend'.
arcoxia
You did.
'Sorry, I know this is late, but could someone please tell me if any psychology courses were in clearing at all? Particularly interersted in Loughborough, Nottingham, Sheffield, Warwick, Aston, Southampton, Leicester, Bristol and Leeds.'
Unless you're now going to try and get yourself out of this mess by suggesting it was 'for a friend'.

Yes it was for someone I know, as I implied in my previous post, so FAIL on your part. :rolleyes:
Reply 156
Toxic Tears
Yes it was for someone I know, as I implied in my previous post, so FAIL on your part. :rolleyes:

Oh really, 'for a friend', lol.
jismith1989
This is a nice change from the norm; or at least it could be depending upon how it pans out...

EDIT: Very much OT, but please can someone help me -- are the words 'Tout comprendre c'est tout pardonner' in my signature green or dark grey? I have a mac and I wanted them to be dark grey, but I'm using a PC at the moment and it's turned green for some odd reason. I'm just wondering if the Windows world thinks I have absolutely no colour coordination? :p:

Definately green.
Reply 158
Toxic Tears

Do you mean to say that you only applied to the one university you hoped to go to? As if you didn't, then surely you're being just as selfish.
jismith1989
This is a nice change from the norm; or at least it could be depending upon how it pans out...

EDIT: Very much OT, but please can someone help me -- are the words 'Tout comprendre c'est tout pardonner' in my signature green or dark grey? I have a mac and I wanted them to be dark grey, but I'm using a PC at the moment and it's turned green for some odd reason. I'm just wondering if the Windows world thinks I have absolutely no colour coordination? :p:

OOoh I'm on my mac too and that quote is dark grey for me :tongue:

Latest

Trending

Trending