Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Quick question

Its my boyfriends birthday next week and I won't be able to see him on the day.

So I thought as a present I would send him a basket of muffins/cupcakes to his work. See here

Now the question is, I guess for guys in general, would you be embarrassed if you got this at work?

We've been going out for about a month and I don't want to come across as a complete lovely-dovey ****, but I wasn't really going to get him much else for his birthday.

Acceptable or not?

Else, you know, I'll just send them to myself, as they look amazing.

ReputationRep:
    I think that after a month it might not be a good idea to send them to his work. but to his home address would be, can you pick certain delivery slots so he gets it before work?

That is the coolest idea ever too!

ReputationRep:
    Depends where he works.

ReputationRep:
    God damn they look delicious.

Quite expensive though.

Hmm do his work colleagues know you? Do they know he has a gf?
    He might get a bit embarrassed. But I think it's a lovely gesture. If they get sent to his workplace no doubt everyone will steal them, whereas if you send them to his house he can devour them on his own :p:

ReputationRep:
    Wanna send me some?

Back on topic - I wouldn't like to receive anything like that at work, but would love it at home

ReputationRep:
    Im sure he'd love it - but i bet he wont go home with any at the end of the day - he will suddenly be everyones best friend at work that day But thats a lovely idea methinks :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by randomgirl)
    Hmm do his work colleagues know you? Do they know he has a gf?
    He might get a bit embarrassed. But I think it's a lovely gesture. If they get sent to his workplace no doubt everyone will steal them, whereas if you send them to his house he can devour them on his own :p:

They know he has a girlfriend.

The problem is with me sending them to his house is that he wouldn't be in between 8am-7.30pm on his birthday and they'd be no one to collect them.

Bums I have no idea what else to get him, I might just send them as a joke and hope he finds it funny (and tasty)

ReputationRep:
    1 month = way too soon
    especially to his work.
    Maybe just get him them and give them to him instead

ReputationRep:
    Wow...if only I could afford them!
    I think it might be better to send them to your own home and then just give them him? It might be a bit too soon to send them to his work.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.