The Student Room Group

Revision guide HELP for A Level psychology, sociology and economics

Hi, I am in year 12 and I am currently studying psychology (AQA) , sociology (AQA) and economics (EDEXCEL). I am unsure on what revision guides I should purchase for these three subjects. Does anyone think the Pearson REVISE revision guides are good for these subjects? I should note that I am aiming for A*/A in my A-Levels hopefully!
Also, anyone who does these subjects do you have any advice to get A*/A?
(edited 1 year ago)
I did psychology and sociology (A*s in both)
My main tips for psychology would be:
- use past papers, particular for research methods
- use diagrams help to remember biopsychology content
- use quizlet to help with active recall
- create essay plans summarising each topic

My main tips sociology would be:
- use quizlet and blurting to help with active recall
- don't try to remember every single piece of information and instead pick the sociologists that are in the most details and can be easily linked to other theorists through analysis
- try to apply the core debates (consensus vs conflict and structure vs action)
- create brief essay plans that summarise the key question, core debates, sociologists and evaluations

For both, I would recommend assessing yourself and practicing essays regularly and asking your teacher to mark them so you know where you stand and whether you're making progress

Hope this helps and I'm happy to answer any questions you have
Original post by SB1234567890
I did psychology and sociology (A*s in both)
My main tips for psychology would be:
- use past papers, particular for research methods
- use diagrams help to remember biopsychology content
- use quizlet to help with active recall
- create essay plans summarising each topic

My main tips sociology would be:
- use quizlet and blurting to help with active recall
- don't try to remember every single piece of information and instead pick the sociologists that are in the most details and can be easily linked to other theorists through analysis
- try to apply the core debates (consensus vs conflict and structure vs action)
- create brief essay plans that summarise the key question, core debates, sociologists and evaluations

For both, I would recommend assessing yourself and practicing essays regularly and asking your teacher to mark them so you know where you stand and whether you're making progress

Hope this helps and I'm happy to answer any questions you have

Thank you! Are you going to uni? What uni course would you think is best for these subjects i'm not sure to be honest.
Original post by coolstudydude12
Thank you! Are you going to uni? What uni course would you think is best for these subjects i'm not sure to be honest.

I did business instead of economics
I’m currently in my second year doing business and management but also considered psychology and I am particularly interested in marketing, which I feel links the three together really well

Quick Reply

Latest