The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Do i have to move out during the holidays at durham university?

Re post because last one posted it in the wrong form. I am going durham in a week and I was confused about it. I am going to be in St cuthbert's, Patterson field
Original post by Anonymous
Re post because last one posted it in the wrong form. I am going durham in a week and I was confused about it. I am going to be in St cuthbert's, Patterson field

Hiya

This would be mentioned in the accommodation contract you signed with the uni, but you usually don't have to completely move out of college during holidays. They might make you move to a different accom- like Cuths on the bailey site- but I think you'd still be able to stay in the college accommodation. In that case, you'd have to take the stuff you'll need to your new room and store the rest in the underbed storage. I know Castle students had to do it last year but maybe it's different for Cuths. Again, your contract would mention info about this :smile:

-Himieka
(edited 1 year ago)
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Original post by Durham Students
Hiya

This would be mentioned in the accommodation contract you signed with the uni, but you usually don't have to completely move out of college during holidays. They might make you move to a different accom- like Cuths on the bailey site- but I think you'd still be able to stay in the college accommodation. In that case, you'd have to take the stuff you'll need to your new room and store the rest in the underbed storage. I know Castle students had to do it last year but maybe it's different for Cuths. Again, your contract would mention info about this :smile:

-Himieka

Oh thank you !!
Most universities do a short and a longer contract.
The long contract is more for overseas students who can’t get back home whereas the shorter ones are for uk students who may have a home to go to.

Some halls are used for conferences over Easter or summer and you would be expected to clear the room into whatever lockable storage is supplied

Quick Reply

Latest