The Student Room Group

Health and weight help

I want to lose weight cos im not healthy not for body confidence cos i am very very confident in my body. i get onto a diet it goes well i lose weight and then i binge eat and now ive gained it all back. tips for staying motivated and not eating delicious food thats infront of me as my family will buy it for themselves cos who am i to tell them not to buy food they love (they are all healthy and fit) i juss need hlp on staying motivated to not eat it what to do? i need to lose 30 kg to be healthy.
Original post by Anonymous
I want to lose weight cos im not healthy not for body confidence cos i am very very confident in my body. i get onto a diet it goes well i lose weight and then i binge eat and now ive gained it all back. tips for staying motivated and not eating delicious food thats infront of me as my family will buy it for themselves cos who am i to tell them not to buy food they love (they are all healthy and fit) i juss need hlp on staying motivated to not eat it what to do? i need to lose 30 kg to be healthy.

When I was trying to loose weight I turned to astrology and moon cycles and I totally get it of you aren't into that bc I wasn't either but a good tip I learnt was having cleanse days, basically certain days allocated or whenever you feel like it, to have smaller portions and drinking lots of water to help the body cleanse.
Hope this helps and good luck :]
how are you defining "healthy" and "not healthy"?

what is your current diet like? and exercise/activity levels?

this "diet" you were on before what did it consist of?

one of the many possible reasons people might binge eat is because they are restricting their food too much. something worth considering! and might be worth speaking to a GP if you find it is becoming a problem

30 kg is a lot! do you really "need" to lose that much? what is your current weight, height, age?
It's really hard to lose weight when you live with your parents, but find some motivation. I have it because I have diabetes and I need to be treated. I buy trulicity online, I have to eat only what is in my diet, I don't eat large portions. It's all very sad to be honest. You are probably motivated by the fact that if you lose weight, you will be healthier and will not get many different diseases that overweight people can get
(edited 1 year ago)

Quick Reply

Latest