Turn on thread page Beta

If you don't have a job..... watch

ReputationRep:
    Doesn't it suck when your mother/father gotta pay for EVERYTHING ?

do you feel bad asking for money ?

When i didn't have a job, i felt bad for them paying my bus pass and 10£ weekly even though its essential..

ReputationRep:
    I would feel bad if my parents paid for everything when I could easily just get a job. My parents still give me pocket money occasionally (I know how lame that is) but every time I get it I say I don't need it. My brother didn't have a job until he was 18, he just lived off pocket money until then :|

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nolongerhearthemusic)
    I would feel bad if my parents paid for everything when I could easily just get a job. My parents still give me pocket money occasionally (I know how lame that is) but every time I get it I say I don't need it. My brother didn't have a job until he was 18, he just lived off pocket money until then :|
    me too, didn't get a job till 18..

ReputationRep:
    Not really cos i've tried to get a job but haven't been successful, and they prefer me not working anyway.
    And parents love giving money to and paying for their kids anyway...deep down.

I don't have a job, but my parents don't give me a single penny.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anabolicator)
    Doesn't it suck when your mother/father gotta pay for EVERYTHING ?

do you feel bad asking for money ?
    No, cause they don't give me money, and I don't ask for it.

Student loan covers my expenditures, yay! :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I've been working since I was 13 and haven't had a payout from my parents since!

Then again - the vast majority of teens are lazy so and so's who believe they ahve the whole world upon their shoulders so I imagine a lot of people don't work.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SuicideCommando)
    :ditto:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SuicideCommando)
    how do you live?

ReputationRep:
    I don't have a job (although I've tried), but I've never recieved pocket money from my parents. I don't qualify for EMA, but I can tell that my parents are finding things distressingly hard at the moment. If I ever ask for money I feel extremely guilty. What would I need money for, anyway? I can get by on second-hand textbooks and shabby clothing just fine tbh.

(Original post by Anabolicator)
    how do you live?
    Haha. I had a job until 2 weeks ago, and also EMA.

My Mother's disabled and my Father is in a mental hospital, so me and my brother have to pay bills as well...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bugzy)
    I've been working since I was 13 and haven't had a payout from my parents since!

Then again - the vast majority of teens are lazy so and so's who believe they ahve the whole world upon their shoulders so I imagine a lot of people don't work.
    :ditto: this.

ReputationRep:
    i dont think my dad actually likes givin me money.. he looks well peed off whenever i ask him for a tenner for my travel.. stingy git..

ReputationRep:
    Nope, I don't have a job and don't ask for money from my parents.

I worked as hard as I could over summer, managed to get myself enough savings to have a reserve of money should I need it (£500+) and although they give me a little bit of money a month, they'd do this whether I was working or not - They still give my sister money and she's just about to leave uni, and has a well paid part time job.

ETA - I don't have a job down here yet because not only is there UKC but there's also Canterbury Christ Church Uni, that's a lot of students trying to find jobs! Plus all the teenagers who live in Canterbury themselves. I'm going for the 'work your arse off during the holidays so you don't need a job here' theory.

ReputationRep:
    When I didn't have a job (when I was still in school) of course I didn't feel bad asking for money. My parents were the reason I didn't have a job because they wouldn't let me get one, and they can easily afford the amount they gave me and to buy the odd thing for me.

ReputationRep:
    Student loan ftw.

ReputationRep:
    If feel bad having my parents pay for anything, whether I have a job or not. But when I was struggling for money earlier this year, I just couldn't ask them for anything as I know they haven't got any spare cash to lend me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DisgruntledMoth)
    I don't have a job (although I've tried), but I've never recieved pocket money from my parents. I don't qualify for EMA, but I can tell that my parents are finding things distressingly hard at the moment. If I ever ask for money I feel extremely guilty. What would I need money for, anyway? I can get by on second-hand textbooks and shabby clothing just fine tbh.
    To go out :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jesus-ninja)
    To go out :confused:
    I don't, that's the point.

ReputationRep:
    Student Loan Direct is my favourite company in the whole wide world.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 15, 2008
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.