The Student Room Group

favourite alevel out of biology chemistry and psychology

if you have previously done those 3 alevels, or even 2 of them, what was your favourite alevel and which did you find 'easiest'?

i'm only a yr12 and i've only have 2 weeks of alevels now. but from the lessons i have had, i think biology is my favourite, then chemistry and then psychology.

psychology is my least favourite atm because i don't find this topic interesting and i've never done psychology before so it is a little bit hard however i'm looking forward to studying psychopathology :smile:
Did all three and chemistry was my favourite then psych then bio!

Don’t worry psych gets wayyy better, I’m assuming your starting with research methods?! If so, don’t fret I did too and even considered changing it but it got better, extremely interesting
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by PastelColours
Did all three and chemistry was my favourite then psych then bio!

Don’t worry psych gets wayyy better, I’m assuming your starting with research methods?! If so, don’t fret I did too and even considered changing it but it got better, extremely interesting

i'm really hoping that psych will get better. no, i'm starting on memory with one teacher and then social influence with another teacher. at the moment, i do find it a little confusing - like with all the evaluations - but I'm hoping that i'll get used to it :smile:

good lord, what are research methods haha???
Original post by harlz_chalamet
i'm really hoping that psych will get better. no, i'm starting on memory with one teacher and then social influence with another teacher. at the moment, i do find it a little confusing - like with all the evaluations - but I'm hoping that i'll get used to it :smile:

good lord, what are research methods haha???

Oh ok you started with two decent topics. I liked social influence but memory was pretty boring for me lol. Yes don’t worry the evaluations will get easier once you have a solid revision technique

Research methods is in my opinion the most boring of the topics.You basically study the research techniques psychologists use to investigate and analyse etc. it is however the easiest and has the most marks across all the papers.
I dont do psychology but I used to like biology until it got hard in A2. The content is easy but the answers to past papers are so specific. So chemistry is my fav rn
good luck in ur exams:biggrin:
Original post by harlz_chalamet
if you have previously done those 3 alevels, or even 2 of them, what was your favourite alevel and which did you find 'easiest'?

i'm only a yr12 and i've only have 2 weeks of alevels now. but from the lessons i have had, i think biology is my favourite, then chemistry and then psychology.

psychology is my least favourite atm because i don't find this topic interesting and i've never done psychology before so it is a little bit hard however i'm looking forward to studying psychopathology :smile:

i do bio and chem out of those three and i am currently in year 13, i enjoy biology the most as i find the content most interesting. but i do also enjoy chem as there is less content and i tend to grasp it quicker. i find chem easier but enjoy bio more
I found psychology easy (got an A with no effort). Biology 2nd, Chemistry 3rd. Physics 4th

Quick Reply

Latest