The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Why was Warwick Engineering so oversubscribed this year?

Why was Warwick Engineering so oversubscribed this year? (2022 entry, cohort). The last 8 years this school/department was in clearing so why all of a sudden is it not in clearing?
Original post by Anonymous
Why was Warwick Engineering so oversubscribed this year? (2022 entry, cohort). The last 8 years this school/department was in clearing so why all of a sudden is it not in clearing?

Probably because many people deferred applying due to covid, including international students
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Course numbers changed/applicant numbers increased/offer holder yield improved/more deferrals/accepted more near misses... it could be any number of things, you can always submit some FOI requests to get s better idea.
Original post by mnot
Course numbers changed/applicant numbers increased/offer holder yield improved/more deferrals/accepted more near misses... it could be any number of things, you can always submit some FOI requests to get s better idea.

What are the odds of them not being in clearing for this subject again next year (2023 entry)?
Also how do I go about doing an FOI request do I simply email the university and if so do I just ask for the statistics on how many people were accepted and how large the over subscription of the course was this year?
What are the odds of them not being in clearing for this subject again next year (2023 entry)?

It’s not possible to answer this with reasonable confidence either way.

WHy do you want to go to Warwick? It's not a uni my students target for Engineering ...
Original post by Muttley79
WHy do you want to go to Warwick? It's not a uni my students target for Engineering ...

It has everything I am looking for + my grades are good enough for them

is it not a great engineering uni?
im mainly applying there because its eng facilities look pretty decent but mainly because i love the campus and its also a top 10 uni
It has everything I am looking for + my grades are good enough for them

It's not good for Engineering though
It's not good for Engineering though

have you got any articles or examples that talk about this? sorry for asking its just because i was set on warwick as my first choice
have you got any articles or examples that talk about this? sorry for asking its just because i was set on warwick as my first choice

It's known more for Maths, MORSE and those type of courses rather than Engineering.
It's known more for Maths, MORSE and those type of courses rather than Engineering.

yeah definetely, i assumed it was only really good for maths econ cs and stuff
but since im considering EEE, id assume its maths and cs would mean its engineering must be atleast decent?
is it actually bad for eng or just not special?
yeah definetely, i assumed it was only really good for maths econ cs and stuff
but since im considering EEE, id assume its maths and cs would mean its engineering must be atleast decent?
is it actually bad for eng or just not special?

Not special -
Not special -

ahh i see, will take this into consideration.
thanks so much
In previous years Warwick Engineering was in clearing for 5+ years straight, however from 2020 onwards (covid years) the course stopped going into clearing because students were being predicted better grades because of covid. My question is did warwick engineering actually fill all those spaces in the years that it did go into clearing. Furthermore, do you have any link for clearing statistics for warwick?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending