Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Im a guy and a few of my housemates (all girls) keep acting strange around me. Like I'll catch them spying on me through the kitchen door and when i see them they'll burst into fits of laughter and make up ridiculous excuses. Or sometimes when I enter a room they'll all look at me and smirk or laugh between themselves. I know its not them flirting or anything like that as I'm not attractive in the slightest, plus they all have boyfriends. I just keep trying to figure out why they are doing this.

ReputationRep:
    I don't know ask them? They might be making fun of you, but then again it might just be something completely innocent which makes them laugh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Im a guy and a few of my housemates (all girls) keep acting strange around me. Like I'll catch them spying on me through the kitchen door and when i see them they'll burst into fits of laughter and make up ridiculous excuses. Or sometimes when I enter a room they'll all look at me and smirk or laugh between themselves. I know its not them flirting or anything like that as I'm not attractive in the slightest, plus they all have boyfriends. I just keep trying to figure out why they are doing this.
    Don't say that.

Also allow the eejits, they're not worth knowing.

ReputationRep:
    Ask them
    Its probably something one of them pointed out and now they all laugh at it.
    Tell them its pissing you off and you want to know.

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like they have an 'in' joke about you.
    Just tell them it's annoying and ask what they're laughing about.

haunt them at night if they dont tell you

ReputationRep:
    I'd ask them. It seems like they're making fun of you but think you don't know.

Confront them and be angry and awkward.

They'll be like :eek: :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Honestly? If they find you attractive they're flirting, if they don't, then they're making fun of you- using you as a plaything. Either way, it's pretty damn immature.

You could try asking them "what's so funny?", but just try to stay aloof.

ReputationRep:
    You need to ***** slap them next time they do it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blátönn)
    You need to ***** slap them next time they do it.
    haha.

You probably shouldn't do this yet. Just ask them what they find so hilarious. If they continue, then ***** slapping is probably the best option.

ReputationRep:
    this must be exciting to be the only guy in the flat heeh

ReputationRep:
    one of them might have a crush on you

they might have been pervy and watched you when you were changing....

or maybe they have a surprise planned for you

ReputationRep:
    Try to talk to one of them on their own and ask them about it, don't make it a big thing, just tell them you're curious as to what it's all about.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 14, 2008
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.