Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    For mechanical engineering.

"This offer is subject to you obtaining

See also a letter sent by the institution

You must attend the Department's Introductory Day, about which the Department
    will contact you
    shortly."

UCL have already given me a conditional offer, but they say there will be an interview on the open day and that i must attend this.

how formal will this be? what shall i wear? should i prepare myself thoroughly? can they reject me if i mess up in the interview?

i may be getting slightly paranoid?:no: :yep: :no:

ReputationRep:
    Well, I'm not a Mech Eng student, but I can tell you that if they have already offered you a place, they cannot rescind it.

I'm sure you won't mess up in the interview though. Wear casual-formal clothes, for example I wore a blazer, casual shirt and school-type trousers.

Good luck

ReputationRep:
    supposing im late for my interview or i miss part of the open day? what will happen?

my application:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shyamp)
    supposing im late for my interview or i miss part of the open day? what will happen?

my application:
    It's not really good form to do that, no. Do you have a problem getting there or something?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rockrunride)
    It's not really good form to do that, no. Do you have a problem getting there or something?
    its london, i might get caught in traffic or, tube/rail delays:no:

ReputationRep:
    its london, i might get caught in traffic or, tube/rail delays:no:
    Whereabouts are you coming from? I'd leave plenty of time for the train; for example I used to live 2 hours away on the train from UCL, and my interview was in the afternoon. I left at 8.30 am, got there at 10.30 am and spent the morning "Londoning around". It was fun.

I'd say go earlier, and leave yourself bags of time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rockrunride)
    Whereabouts are you coming from? I'd leave plenty of time for the train; for example I used to live 2 hours away on the train from UCL, and my interview was in the afternoon. I left at 8.30 am, got there at 10.30 am and spent the morning "Londoning around". It was fun.

I'd say go earlier, and leave yourself bags of time.
    croydon

ReputationRep:
    croydon
    Fair 'nuff. That's fairly easy, just hop on the Thameslink to St Pancras, should take about 20-30 minutes. I'd leave about two to three hours before your interview/open day starts, unless it's in the middle of the morning (i.e. 9am).

ReputationRep:
    does anyone know what sort of questions UCL would ask for mechanical engineering interview?

ReputationRep:
    does anyone know what sort of questions UCL would ask for mechanical engineering interview?
    Wagwan croydon boi!

I got an offer from ucl to read mech engg as wel. Is ur interview on 19th? (Btw i'm from croydon as wel!)

ReputationRep:
    Why mechanical engineering?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ma2k5)
    Why mechanical engineering?
    its the shizz

op what grades you predited?

ReputationRep:
    To the best of knowledge - based on the feed back from other kids last year - open day is just a formality. You just show up - and so would be many others and your place is confirmed. Obviously if you are not serious about the place - incase you have other preferred choices - then you will not waste time visiting and hence NO confirmation.

it is easy to be on time - coming from Croydon

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thereddevil)
    its the shizz

AAA

(Original post by wizz_kid)
    Wagwan croydon boi!

I got an offer from ucl to read mech engg as wel. Is ur interview on 19th? (Btw i'm from croydon as wel!)
    No im having an interview for Queen Mary's on the 19th, so i rescheduled and its now on the 26th.

ReputationRep:
    AAA

No im having an interview for Queen Mary's on the 19th, so i rescheduled and its now on the 26th.

Kool. I did apply to QMUL. However on the last minute, i changed it to bristol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thereddevil)
    its the shizz

I meant, thats a probably question in the interview.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ma2k5)
    I meant, thats a probably question in the interview.
    yeh, i will prepare myself for that one :yep:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.