The Student Room Group

don’t know if i should drop???

im in year 12 and doing bio chem maths and french currently and i am going to apply for medicine.
but i really am not enjoying maths as much as i thought i would.
i would like to apply to universities like oxford, kcl, uni of edinburgh but i don’t know if dropping maths and having french as my third will skew my chances of gaining admission.
any advice would be great thanks :smile:
Original post by leena06
im in year 12 and doing bio chem maths and french currently and i am going to apply for medicine.
i would like to apply to universities like oxford, kcl, uni of edinburgh but i don’t know if dropping maths and having french as my third will skew my chances of gaining admission.

check the requirements on their individual websites but just replying now to say Newcastle could be a good option if you drop Maths but score highly in your UCAT.
For Edinburgh if you are rUK then you’ll need a top UCAT score.
Original post by leena06

I'm not sure about those unis but in like general as long as u do bio n chem ur good. So dropping out of maths is fine. Ik two ppl who do bio, chem and psychology n r applying for medicine w it. French will definitely give u that extra push n help u shine when the uni ppl r taking admissions in!

Quick Reply