The Student Room Group

Should I switch a-levels?

I am currently doing biology, and I am not sure if I should switch a levels.
I like writing essays- SNAB edexcel bio doesnt make us write essays. Biology is filled with content.

idk, most of my friends are doing alevel english lit- am I wanting to conform with them (yes, im doing a level psychology)

im not being forced by my parents to do my alevels, i just want to make them proud
depends on whether bio is relevant to what you want to do in uni
Original post by DaydreamingTeen
I like writing essays- SNAB edexcel bio doesnt make us write essays. Biology is filled with content.

idk, most of my friends are doing alevel english lit- am I wanting to conform with them (yes, im doing a level psychology)

im not being forced by my parents to do my alevels, i just want to make them proud

what do you want to be doing instead of a levels?
Original post by DaydreamingTeen

Heya!
It all depends on what course and what uni you want to go into. Are you looking to go into a science course? If entry requirements for them require biology, then you need to do biology. If entry requirements only need 1 science (psychology is often considered a science though do double check with the uni), then you could look into switching to English lit. If you like essays then perhaps reconsider what course you want to do in the future. Have you thought about applying to law? Law doesn't have specific requirements, only good grades so you can switch to English lit and do what you enjoy :h:

I hope this helps!
Milena G.
UCL PFE
Study Mind
Original post by AugustusGloop22
depends on whether bio is relevant to what you want to do in uni

probs smth to do with science, im not sure tbh
Original post by prostecky
what do you want to be doing instead of a levels?

im not sure, im ngl
Original post by StudyMind
Heya!
It all depends on what course and what uni you want to go into. Are you looking to go into a science course? If entry requirements for them require biology, then you need to do biology. If entry requirements only need 1 science (psychology is often considered a science though do double check with the uni), then you could look into switching to English lit. If you like essays then perhaps reconsider what course you want to do in the future. Have you thought about applying to law? Law doesn't have specific requirements, only good grades so you can switch to English lit and do what you enjoy :h:

I hope this helps!
Milena G.
UCL PFE
Study Mind

this helps, thanks :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest