The Student Room Group

Uni open days

I'm in the second week of sixth form. Is it too early for me to start attending or consider attending university open days?
Original post by MelodicGirl
I'm in the second week of sixth form. Is it too early for me to start attending or consider attending university open days?

Hi there :smile:

It is never too early to start considering university options and going to open days. However, you will have to bear in mind that you will be attending uni in 2 years time so there may be changes from when you visit (e.g. course structure). Another issue is that if you visit a uni early on and don't revisit it at a later date you may forget whether you really liked it or not. You can always make a detailed spreadsheet of the pros and cons of the unis that you visit and I would also recommend filming parts of the campus so that you're able to have a visual representation when you go over your uni options. When you start going to open days is completely up to you and there really is no right or wrong answer! They are also a great way of seeing if you really want to do that specific course. It is perfectly normal to change your mind on which degree you want to do throughout your time at sixth form so try not to put too much pressure on yourself to have it all figured out this early on. Hope this helps, let me know if you have any other questions.

Joanna
-Uni of Kent Rep
Original post by University of Kent Reps
Hi there :smile:

It is never too early to start considering university options and going to open days. However, you will have to bear in mind that you will be attending uni in 2 years time so there may be changes from when you visit (e.g. course structure). Another issue is that if you visit a uni early on and don't revisit it at a later date you may forget whether you really liked it or not. You can always make a detailed spreadsheet of the pros and cons of the unis that you visit and I would also recommend filming parts of the campus so that you're able to have a visual representation when you go over your uni options. When you start going to open days is completely up to you and there really is no right or wrong answer! They are also a great way of seeing if you really want to do that specific course. It is perfectly normal to change your mind on which degree you want to do throughout your time at sixth form so try not to put too much pressure on yourself to have it all figured out this early on. Hope this helps, let me know if you have any other questions.

Joanna
-Uni of Kent Rep

thanks so much! I'll take your advice on what I can do for open days.

Quick Reply

Latest