Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I never know which one to reply to.

ReputationRep:
    Great progress fella, is this SS? Sorry the noob questions, i cba to read too much atm im so tired!

But yeah, Im sure last time i read your log your lifts were a lot less than now, well done! Your squats through the roof!
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    It's not SS exactly, apart from this session.

It's been very similar for the most part, up until the last two weeks, when it's been even more similar, with just bench and press swapped around.

Thanks guys.

SMed, reply here; Sami, reply there.

ReputationRep:
    I did, and so did he.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    I've heard he's struggling with his press.

ReputationRep:
    haha, what a puss!
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    March training review:

Goals: failed them all.

March training was very inconsistent. Lots of things to do. And until perhaps June, it's only going to get much, much worse in terms of things to do.

However, as mentioned previously, I've got a rack, Olympic barbell and 215kg of plates in my garage. These haven't been set up since I've moved, but it's getting much warmer - easily warm enough to lift in an unheated garage - so I'm going to get them it set up again, so I can have a cheeky little session in there if need be. I still prefer the gym because it's got a better atmosphere, more equipment (like platforms, I doubt I'll be able to deadlift in my garage, nor do standing overhead because of the low roof; this garage is much smaller than the last one) and more girls in outfits that don't leave much to the imagination. But it takes an hour to get there, the same back home, plus all the time waiting for a bus, which can be a while, so it takes a large chunk out of my day.

Going to switch to WS4SB III soon. ME sessions will be done at the gym, DE and RE in my garage, hopefully, or, if time is really an issue, I'll drop them that week since they're not as important as the ME sessions.

April goals:

Squat: 170 x 1
    Deadlift: 170 x 5 clean reps
    Bench: 70 3x5

ReputationRep:
    Nice work, we're lifting around the same.

You, Brotherhood, SMed and I should have a race!
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Well SMed hardly trains any more because of time constraints.

I'd be happy to race Brotherhood.

ReputationRep:
    Sounds good, now we need to set the goals.

(Original post by Brotherhood)
    You in?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    I heard all Brotherhood does nowadays is lie on the beach in Valencia... should be easy.

ReputationRep:
    He still got up to 150kg high bar I think. But he's also gone to WS4SB for no apparent reason, so expect his gains to slow too.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Today I randomly decided to jump onto a the fourth step on one of the stair cases in my house, which is 32" above ground height. Really need to work on my explosiveness; the fifth one was just a bit too high.

ReputationRep:
    I managed the 5th stair at the library a couple of weeks ago. That was with 2 steps though, and took 2-3 attempts. I think it was the 5th... well I hope it wasn't the 4th!
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    I'm sure my jumping will improve once I practise it.

ReputationRep:
    I used to be able to grab a basketball rim. No more.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smack)
    Today I randomly decided to jump onto a the fourth step on one of the stair cases in my house, which is 32" above ground height. Really need to work on my explosiveness; the fifth one was just a bit too high.
    You gotta remember you're travelling forwards though so it probably translates as a higher jump.

ReputationRep:
    One day.

• TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Brotherhood)
    You gotta remember you're travelling forwards though so it probably translates as a higher jump.
    True.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smack)
    True.
    My vertical/box/standing is pretty good I'd say and I struggle to hit the fifth step, it's just too far in front at that height to do comfortably. Do some standing jumps in your back garden, they're really good for explosiveness without a box and much safer. I chalk my hand up and use my wall outside as a measure for my vertical too.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 15, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered fitness blogs threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.