The Student Room Group

OMG not another Rippetoes blog!

Scroll to see replies

redbuthotter
I would assume the same principles apply. Seriously read the article, took me ages but was pretty informative.

I haven't read the whole article yet but one of the things it says is that weightlifters should not become too strong at the back squat as this will lead to an imbalance in quad and hamstring strength; if the quads are too strong relative to the hamstrings, then the athlete will be slower and less powerful.
What uni are you at? I'd love a uni gym with five squat racks. Unfortunately mine has 0.
Terrible session tonight:

Squats:

80 x 5
100 x 5
120 x 3

These felt absolutely terrible, no hip drive or anything, absolutely terrible, so stopped there.

Leg press:

170 x 10
170 x 10

Meh. Haven't leg pressed in over a year... felt awkward, though.

RDLs:

90 x 6
120 x 5
130 x 5
130 x 5

These weren't that hard, but my grip was really struggling.
No straps for RDL? They're pretty much *the* movement I use them for + rows.. but I don't do those much.
Never RDLed more than 95, and with 95, hook grip is good for probably hours. I don't row nearly enough to challenge my grip. I'll use straps next time though.
Whats the max you tried hook gripping? I find 140+ to be pretty dam uncomfortable... need to get me some tape.
Hooked a 160 deadlift.
Reply 527
redbuthotter
Whats the max you tried hook gripping? I find 140+ to be pretty dam uncomfortable... need to get me some tape.

I held 180kg hook grip on the Eleiko EASY.
Reply 528
Smack, are you really going to keep 3 logs now?
SMed
Smack, are you really going to keep 3 logs now?

What do you mean?
tsr, bb.com, rips forum?
Reply 531
Smack
What do you mean?

Haven't you just started one on sugdenbarbell? Do you have one on bb.com too?
I've got ****ing hundreds of logs on sites all over the internet. It's like I've had a w*** and my jizz is my training log, and it's went everywhere. Here is a list of places that I have a training log at, or used to have one at:

Here - still operating after almost two years - longest running log in Fitness baby!

Iron Addicts - finished after I got banned by some moron mod (best thing that's ever happened to my training knowledge and intelligence)

Intense Muscle - similar attitude to IA's except that it's full of bodybuilding homos who spout utter broscience so I can't be assed to update it

BB.com - still up and running, although no-one comments in it hardly

Rip's forum - same as above

Marunde Muscle - kept on forgetting about it so just decided to stop

Lyle's forum - same as bb.com and Rip's forum

Sugden - just started, but had some chitchat
Since when could you lift 180 :P, and how numb were your thumbs after.... 160... I lost feeling for about 2 hours.

SMed
I held 180kg hook grip on the Eleiko EASY.
Reply 534
So 5 live ones. I suppose if you're getting some feedback they can be useful, otherwise I couldn't be arsed with all that.
Reply 535
redbuthotter
Since when could you lift 180 :P, and how numb were your thumbs after.... 160... I lost feeling for about 2 hours.

Someone left it on racked (morons) after doing shrugs probably. It was too high for rack-pulls (and who rack pulls 180kg anyway?). Tingled and hurt a little during the hold, but nothing really more after 10-15 minutes. But on the fat cheap bars, 140kg ***** my thumbs up for hours.
SMed
So 5 live ones. I suppose if you're getting some feedback they can be useful, otherwise I couldn't be arsed with all that.

I can be a bit of a pain sometimes ... What would make it easier is if computers had a function that 'copied' text that the user desired and then, with the touch of a button, 'pasted' that text into another text box. Would certainly save a lot of typing.
Reply 537
Smack
I can be a bit of a pain sometimes ... What would make it easier is if computers had a function that 'copied' text that the user desired and then, with the touch of a button, 'pasted' that text into another text box. Would certainly save a lot of typing.

Sounds like a nice project you could do over the summer.
SMed
Sounds like a nice project you could do over the summer.

Uh, summer's past.
Reply 539
Shame, you're ****** now.

Quick Reply

Latest