Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Yeah usually it's the other way round, with bench hurting people's shoulders. But I'm glad that's not me because no-one asks how much you can weighted dip lol.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Good session tonight.

Squats:

123 x 5
    123 x 5
    123 x 5

Nice and easy.

Press:

50 x 5
    50 x 5
    50 x 5

Could have probably qualified as speed work.

Pendlay rows:

70 x 5
    70 x 5
    70 x 5

Really easy.

Chins:

bodyweight x 3/1/1/1/1/1/1/1

These weren't so great. Did some 10s negatives on the last couple.

Stretching and home.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Good session tonight.

Squats:

126 x 5
    126 x 5
    126 x 5

Nice and easy. Forgot to wear my knee-sleeves today too. The sleeves help a fair bit with correct knee tracking so squats were a little quad dominant.

Bench:

73 x 5
    73 x 5
    73 x 5

Felt heavy in my hands but every rep went up nice and smooth.

Deadlifts:

155 x 5

Again not too hard.

Tried to do some chins but had really bad ab-DOMS because last session I tried to do some sit ups with a weight and really felt it since then. Strangely ab-DOMS totally destroyed my ability to chin. So did some curls and left.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Good session tonight.

Squats:

129 x 5
    129 x 5
    129 x 5

These were fine and easy. Had to wait a while between last warm-up set and first work set, though, which made it the hardest set as I was slightly cooled down.

I was wearing an pair of rugby shorts today and a fairly long legged pair of boxers (I usually wear boxer briefs) so that when I stretch not too much of my inner thigh is showing. So when I was warming up a set of 60 I noticed that this experiment didn't work... then on the next warm up set with 80, I saw something that looked to be my scrotum slightly hanging out one side. ****, I though, rather than show less skin with the longer legged boxers I am actually showing more flesh! So I readjusted myself (discretely) and pulled my boxers right up so hopefully my reproductive organs were held tightly against my lower stomach. So I preceded to do 100 for a couple of reps and **** me, my **** fell out and was hanging right out for all to see! So I couldn't have that! Then I remembered that the other pair of clean boxers I took with me were of the normal kind, so I scampered back to the changing rooms to put them on.

It's a good job that there is no option other than to squat facing mirrors or else I would have done a whole three sets of five with my knob hanging out. Quite a lot of people - especially females - in the weights area tonight, too. Someone must have seen something, even out of the corner of their eye...

Press:

53 x 5
    53 x 5
    53 x 5

Easy.

Pendlay row:

73 x 5
    73 x 5
    73 x 5

Really easy.

Chins:

bodyweight x 2/1/1/1/1

These sucked. Last four singles were with exaggerated negatives, failed on the concentric on the 7th rep.

Didn't stretch. Went home.

ReputationRep:
    LOL @ **** falling out of shorts.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Becca)
    LOL @ **** falling out of shorts.
    This, tbf.

ReputationRep:
    You really love telling this story, don't you.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Probably the most embarrasing thing to happen to me in years. I get over the embarassment by having a good laugh about it.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Forgot to update this last night.

Quite a good session tonight.

Squats:

132 x 5
    132 x 5
    132 x 5

Not too hard again. Form wasn't too great though as they felt very quad dominant. I think that it's my heeled weightlifting shoes throwing me forward. Considering switching to flat soled shoes.

Bench press:

76 x 5
    76 x 5
    76 x 5

Quite hard.

Deadlifts:

160 x 5

Not hard at all.

Chins:

bodyweight x 1/1

These felt atrocious tonight. Failed on the second one, then the plan was to make up the rest of the reps with long eccentrics but elbow felt ****ed up. Might drop these and do something else instead as they feel exclusively a biceps exercise.

try rack chins

I prefer them to normal ones - feel it in the lats a lot more, easier to add weight, and there is good carryover when you go back to normal ones
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    That sounds like a good idea, thanks.

ReputationRep:
    Wut's your best bench thusfar Smack? Didnt you get real close to 2 plates for a single a while back ?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Adidas90)
    Wut's your best bench thusfar Smack? Didnt you get real close to 2 plates for a single a while back ?
    For a singe I've done 92 paused. For reps I've done three triples with 87.5.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smack)
    For a singe I've done 92 paused. For reps I've done three triples with 87.5.
    I did 5 triples with 85 the other day, and have done 90 for a single with a slight pause (not a long pause like when I do say, pause squats ie 3-4 seconds), but still a slightl pause. Wanna race to 100
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Okay.

ReputationRep:
    Feel free to post me your ironworks if you dont want them anymore lol

ReputationRep:
    I get pretty bad abs doms if I chin after not-doing so in a while.

It's weird that you think it targets mostly your biceps though. Chins are one of my favourite lat exercises.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Maybe it's just because my biceps are likely to be the weak link, hence why I feel them the most there.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah maybe.

CURL MOAR

ReputationRep:
    In my garage I have a pair of 15kg and a pair of 20kg DBs, so now I'm home I curl all the time lol. It's just too easy, I can smash out a couple of sets in a minute or two every time I pass the garage so theoretically I can curl like every day LOL. Do the same, see what happens !

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 16, 2018
Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered fitness blogs threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.