Turn on thread page Beta

period pain killers watch

ReputationRep:
    i'm dying of period pains right now, it's always been bad but this is a nasty one. what does anyone take to kill them or can i go to the doctor and get something? paracetamol doesn't work

ReputationRep:
    i use ponstan or panadol

ReputationRep:
    aparently feminax is really good but very strong. i've never tried it so cant tell you for sure.

Feminax is supposed to be good

Feminax (the new one is the strongest)

Contains Naproxen which is stronger than Co-codamol (which is in the normal feminax)

Naproxen is usually only available on prescription so it must be good

Btw its the blue pack rather than the pink/purple one and is called Feminax ultra

ReputationRep:
    I use Ibuprofen, but you can mix and take two Ibuprofen and two Cocodamol (contains codeine, which is a stronger painkiller), alternately, every two hours, up to your maximum dosage.
    Which works nicely =)

ReputationRep:
    Paracetamol doesn't work for me, neurofen (Ibuprofen) does sometimes but I need to take a hell of a lot, we're talking 2 x 500mg tablets every few hours.

I think I need to find something else.

(Original post by QuantumTheory)
    I use Ibuprofen, but you can mix and take two Ibuprofen and two Cocodamol (contains codeine, which is a stronger painkiller), alternately, every two hours, up to your maximum dosage.
    Which works nicely =)
    Can I add that should be the 200mg Ibuprofen unless its really painful.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Loz17)
    Feminax (the new one is the strongest)

Contains Naproxen which is stronger than Co-codamol (which is in the normal feminax)

Naproxen is usually only available on prescription so it must be good

Btw its the blue pack rather than the pink/purple one and is called Feminax ultra

Thanks for the help, will try and pop into the chemist before work or it's gonna be a miserable day:yep:

ReputationRep:
    Disprol/disprin (because i cant swallow tablets )

and a hot water bottle on your stomach!

(Original post by chloe_tee)
    Thanks for the help, will try and pop into the chemist before work or it's gonna be a miserable day:yep:
    Anytime, Wish i could tell you how much is usually is, but I'm not usually on the shop at work (I work in a chemist btw). i'm guessing around £4 ish though, but don't quote me on it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Loz17)
    Can I add that should be the 200mg Ibuprofen unless its really painful.
    Isn't 200g normal for OTC? I only ever get my 400g ones from the docs...
    But yeah, mixing and matching painkillers is the way to go

ReputationRep:
    I swear by feminax and the ultra stuff is really strong (make sure to take it with food).

Edit: normaly feminax is about 4 pounds the ultra is about 5 maybe 6 i believe. (to ans what someone wrote about costs).

(Original post by kiss_me_now9)
    Paracetamol doesn't work for me, neurofen (Ibuprofen) does sometimes but I need to take a hell of a lot, we're talking 2 x 500mg tablets every few hours.

I think I need to find something else.
    Since when has Nurofen had 500mg tabs?

Or is it one of the annoying ones where they vary strenghs like 212mg?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 22KT22)
    I swear by feminax and the ultra stuff is really strong (make sure to take it with food).

Edit: normaly feminax is about 4 pounds the ultra is about 5 maybe 6 i believe. (to ans what someone wrote about costs).
    ah right, will deffo go for it. why do you have to take it with food?

ReputationRep:
    I used to get bad cramps.
    Getting rid of them for now eat bananas, it actually works. And take that feminax stuff.
    If they're this bad every month i suggest the pill. It has totally calmed mine down after 3 months. Which is great!

ReputationRep:
    Ibuprofen and co-codamol are alright, but while experimenting with herbal highs recently I discovered that kola nut powder kills period pain dead. Effective, and it can get you high.

(Original post by QuantumTheory)
    Isn't 200g normal for OTC? I only ever get my 400g ones from the docs...
    But yeah, mixing and matching painkillers is the way to go
    You can get up to 400mg OTC. I sell a lot of it.

But I get mine from the docs as well

Its free and an 84 pack!

(Original post by chloe_tee)
    ah right, will deffo go for it. why do you have to take it with food?
    Prevents indigestion

God I listen to my boss too much lmao

ReputationRep:
    I
    (Original post by Loz17)
    You can get up to 400mg OTC. I sell a lot of it.

But I get mine from the docs as well

Its free and an 84 pack!
    Yeah, I have no idea why people our age even buy painkillers, when I have all mine on repeat prescription xD

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 16, 2008
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.