Turn on thread page Beta

Fur Coat watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to town tomorrow and i want to spend max 50 quid on a fur coat...i dont have a good wintery coat and i really like the abecomie and fitch wolf jaw, but its a ridiculous price

http://i2.iofferphoto.com/img/item/3...fjaw-brown.jpg

200 quid:mad:
    anything from a high street shop that i can get for 50 quid and is the same kinda style and has the fur on?
    not all of it fur, just the hood
    thanks

ReputationRep:
    You mean real fur or fake?

ReputationRep:
    Do you mean real? :eek:

ReputationRep:
    I don't think it's legal to sell real fur in High Street shops anyway Blinkbelle...

ReputationRep:
    I've got something similar from Firetrap. About the warmest thing you could ever wear.

Nasty nas in your area, about to cause mass hysteria.

ReputationRep:
    There's one very similar in Topman, my friend tried it on when we went shopping.

ReputationRep:
    I hope you mean fish fur (fake fur) and not fur from a poor, previously hairy animal

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stubert)
    I hope you mean fish fur (fake fur) and not fur from a poor, previously hairy animal
    What those poor poor animals that 95% of the population eat everyday?

Get fur if you want fur, you won't for £50 though. I have a knee-length coat made from brown bear fur, incredibly warm but I don't see why you'd need one in England.

ReputationRep:
    Judging by the picture, he doesn't mean a real fur coat at all - that's just a hoody with a faux fur lining.

I was all disappointed when I saw the pic!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blátönn)

Get fur if you want fur, you won't for £50 though. I have a knee-length coat made from brown bear fur, incredibly warm but I don't see why you'd need one in England.
    Have you ever seen how an animal gets killed for its fur? And bears don't quite grow on trees do they...
    It's not good to kill any animal but at least they breed cows and all that. But WILD animals? Come on.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blátönn)

the same ones. I understand it if there is a need for it i.e. food/clothing in a harsh environment, but just for fashion seems silly to me

ReputationRep:
    the same ones. I understand it if there is a need for it i.e. food/clothing in a harsh environment, but just for fashion seems silly to me
    Are you a vegan? If so, fair enough, but if not, that's a bit hypocritical.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blinkbelle)
    You mean real fur or fake?
    lol - you won't get a real fur coat for £200. Try adding a couple 0s.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by whitepearlbaby)
    Have you ever seen how an animal gets killed for its fur? And bears don't quite grow on trees do they...
    It's not good to kill any animal but at least they breed cows and all that. But WILD animals? Come on.
    I think breeding an animal specificly for something is worst because the animal never experiences any freedom, you could argue that you cant miss what you've never had, but still, when you can see past the fence but not get there I imagine it to be pretty nasty

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DaveJ)
    Are you a vegan? If so, fair enough, but if not, that's a bit hypocritical.
    I'm not, and it is a little, but I did say in the message "I understand it if there is a need for it i.e. food/clothing in a harsh environment" (note the food bit)

I couldn't be vegan, I like dairy products too much, and I wouldn't get most of the necessary nutrients easily

ReputationRep:
    I'm not, and it is a little, but I did say in the message "I understand it if there is a need for it i.e. food/clothing in a harsh environment" (note the food bit)

I couldn't be vegan, I like dairy products too much, and I wouldn't get most of the necessary nutrients easily

Is there a need for it, really? I don't see vegans dropping dead. I eat meat cos I like it, but is there really a NEED for it when vegans manage fine?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Christian_j)
    I don't think it's legal to sell real fur in High Street shops anyway Blinkbelle...
    They sell fur in loads of shops, Harvey Nicholls, Harrods, etc etc and lots of designer shops
    xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SillyFencer)
    lol - you won't get a real fur coat for £200. Try adding a couple 0s.
    You can easily, just go to somewhere like Camden market. There are loads of vintage furs (60's and 70's) for about £20, because real fur isnt very popular these days.

ReputationRep:
    Guuys wooah. Chill. Tis fake fur. If you actually bother looking on the website all the £200 ish one's are fake, I don't think A+F even do real.

Get ya facts right before you start bashing OP.

However if OP was after real fur then I would have to direct them to Harrods. Not in Harrods but the boards outside which show the merciless killing of animals.

Point of real fur?

Um

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nastynas)
    I'm going to town tomorrow and i want to spend max 50 quid on a fur coat...i dont have a good wintery coat and i really like the abecomie and fitch wolf jaw, but its a ridiculous price

http://i2.iofferphoto.com/img/item/3...fjaw-brown.jpg

200 quid:mad:
    anything from a high street shop that i can get for 50 quid and is the same kinda style and has the fur on?
    not all of it fur, just the hood
    thanks

ANIMALS DONT WEAR YOUR SKIN SO WHY WEAR THEIRS??:mad: :mad: :mad:

Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.