Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    i'd go for camden if you're looking for something fashionable but steer clear of the real fur, please.
    mind you, i'm not too sure if you'll be able to get much fake fur at camden but if you do it'll be cheap as chips.
    enjoy!

ReputationRep:
    I'm glad the OP meant fake fur.

The sick fashionistas who delight in the senseless murder of beautiful animals deserve to have the same thing done to them...I'd love to see them skinned alive. See how they'd like it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abc101)

The sick fashionistas who delight in the senseless murder of beautiful animals deserve to have the same thing done to them...I'd love to see them skinned alive. See how they'd like it.
    Did you know what they do to polar foxes? They make them frightened so that their fur "raises" just before they get skinned... for better quality! :mad:

ReputationRep:
    My opinons of the morals and the whole real/fake issue aside, I can't stand fur, real or fake. It looks ugly, why would anyone think it makes them look good?

ReputationRep:
    Woah, OP is asking a question, there's no need for a debate in regards to whether each individual is anti-fur or pro-fur.

My brother has that AF jacket, it's not that nice on anyway but it's pretty snug on him. He also bought this leather jacket from River Island last year, it was black and the inside and hood was fake fur. He bought it from the one on Oxford Street, or whatever one is near it, perhaps they'll have a new version coming out this season, or it may be on eBay.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by whitepearlbaby)
    Have you ever seen how an animal gets killed for its fur? And bears don't quite grow on trees do they...
    It's not good to kill any animal but at least they breed cows and all that. But WILD animals? Come on.
    (Original post by bansheeee*)
    no ,THE ONES WHO ARE CHAINED TO a fence, INCLUDING DOMESTIC CATS, AND DOGS AND SKINNED WHILE 100% CONCIOUS
    Not all fur is farmed. You can buy it from animals that have been hunted with a rifle, mainly from North America, Scandinavia and Russia.

My coat was made from a Brown Bear that my grandad shot, it kept rummaging through the bins and making the dogs bark in the middle of the night. It's not safe to have dangerous animals habitually coming to your house in the middle of nowhere in rural Norway.

He butchered it for the meat. Skinned it for it's fur, and got a few items of clothing made out of it. I don't see the problem. I wear it when I visit in the winter when it's several degrees below 0c, there's really no substitute for fur.

People screaming about cats and dogs skinned alive in China are reactionary idiots who don't know the facts.

(Original post by Perfect_Gent)
    What does brown bear taste like?
    Gamey, tender, quite fatty. I realise this wasn't a real question, but you making a point. Fail.

(Original post by DaveJ)
    Is there a need for it, really? I don't see vegans dropping dead. I eat meat cos I like it, but is there really a NEED for it when vegans manage fine?
    Vegans I have known look really unhealthy and have a boring diet consisting of bland meat substitutes, tofu, and beans.

ReputationRep:
    Real fur for low cost - you will need to go vintage. a coat with just a genuine fur collar (fox or similar) will be upwards of £300 new. though IMO, faux fur hoods or hood linings just look like a rat has died in the hood.

ReputationRep:
    buy something in TK Maxx. You can find some gems there.

ReputationRep:
    wow everyone has blown it out of proportion...
    i just meant fake fur, if even that, look at the link and you'll know what i mean!
    NOT FROM AN ANIMAL!
    DONT assume i said it, because you're WRONG
    geez...

ReputationRep:

Well this is incredibly sick and twisted. Surely there's nothing wrong with wearing a fur coat from say, twenty years ago. Not reusing old fur coats etc is just wasting the animal.
    Also humans for millions of years used animal skins as clothing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blátönn)
    Not all fur is farmed. You can buy it from animals that have been hunted with a rifle, mainly from North America, Scandinavia and Russia.

My coat was made from a Brown Bear that my grandad shot, it kept rummaging through the bins and making the dogs bark in the middle of the night. It's not safe to have dangerous animals habitually coming to your house in the middle of nowhere in rural Norway.

He butchered it for the meat. Skinned it for it's fur, and got a few items of clothing made out of it. I don't see the problem. I wear it when I visit in the winter when it's several degrees below 0c, there's really no substitute for fur.

People screaming about cats and dogs skinned alive in China are reactionary idiots who don't know the facts.

Gamey, tender, quite fatty. I realise this wasn't a real question, but you making a point. Fail.

Vegans I have known look really unhealthy and have a boring diet consisting of bland meat substitutes, tofu, and beans.

I'm sure it is boring, but you can survive off it. Again, I'm not supporting veganism, but if someone says a fur coat is luxury but a steak is necessary, I don't think that's right.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yuffie)
    Well this is incredibly sick and twisted. Surely there's nothing wrong with wearing a fur coat from say, twenty years ago. Not reusing old fur coats etc is just wasting the animal.
    Also humans for millions of years used animal skins as clothing.
    Incredibly sick and twisted? No, what's incredibly sick and twisted is murdering an innocent animal in the most heinous and grotesque way imaginable, simply so some spoilt little whore can get her kicks out of wearing something that looked far better on the animal than it ever will on her.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blátönn)
    Well obviously the vegans you know are not very healthy and quite boring.
    I am super-healthy, by far the healthiest of my friends and I have a much more varied diet too! xx

ReputationRep:
    Incredibly sick and twisted? No, what's incredibly sick and twisted is murdering an innocent animal in the most heinous and grotesque way imaginable, simply so some spoilt little whore can get her kicks out of wearing something that looked far better on the animal than it ever will on her.
    When animals can skin a human then I'll put them on par with humans. There's nothing wrong with wearing fur, it's a preference, and if the animal's dead already then there's no harm done. It's not like the person wearing the fur skinned the bloody animal themselves.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jean_Paul)
    When animals can skin a human then I'll put them on par with humans. There's nothing wrong with wearing fur, it's a preference, and if the animal's dead already then there's no harm done. It's not like the person wearing the fur skinned the bloody animal themselves.
    Wtf?!

You do realise they kill the animal for the sole purpose of making his or her skin into clothing, right? Fur isn't a by-product, animals are mercilessly murdered in the name of fashion.

If you think that's ok, then you're a perverted little cretin.

'There's nothing wrong with wearing fur, it's a preference...no harm done?' Ok then, there's nothing wrong with me skinning you alive, because that's my preference, it's what I've chosen to do. Idiot.

ReputationRep:
    Wtf?!

You do realise they kill the animal for the sole purpose of making his or her skin into clothing, right? Fur isn't a by-product, animals are mercilessly murdered in the name of fashion.

If you think that's ok, then you're a perverted little cretin.

'There's nothing wrong with wearing fur, it's a preference...no harm done?' Ok then, there's nothing wrong with me skinning you alive, because that's my preference, it's what I've chosen to do. Idiot.
    You're the idiot. The animal is dead, it's not as though I killed it. And yeah I'm aware some companies kill animals for the sole purpose of clothing, but the same goes to those who kills animals for food? Do you preach to non-veggies about eating the food? I'm guessing not. So please just be quiet and stop with your animal rights speech.

ReputationRep:
    and neg repping me for having an opinion is pretty sad abc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jean_Paul)
    You're the idiot. The animal is dead, it's not as though I killed it. And yeah I'm aware some companies kill animals for the sole purpose of clothing, but the same goes to those who kills animals for food? Do you preach to non-veggies about eating the food? I'm guessing not. So please just be quiet and stop with your animal rights speech.
    The animal is dead because sick people like you have provided a market. They don't just find a dead animal and make it into clothing, they kill animals purposefully for people to wear them. You're a real idiot, get some common sense, you horrible little pervert.

ReputationRep:
    The animal is dead because sick people like you have provided a market. They don't just find a dead animal and make it into clothing, they kill animals purposefully for people to wear them. You're a real idiot, get some common sense, you horrible little pervert.
    I note that you didn't answer my question, do you do the same preaching to those who eat meat? It's the same principle. I'm guessing not, you hypocrite.

I'd also like to ask, do you know the meaning of a pervert? Again, I'm guessing not, as my post doesn't correlate to that of a perverts in anyway.

I'd appreciate if you answered both questions this time.

Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    Thought not.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 16, 2008
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.