Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Good bloke)
    That is because you didn't put it on properly. I've had two and they are fine.

yeah, if you slobber all over the sucker.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pumpkin7)
    yeah, if you slobber all over the sucker.
    No need.

ReputationRep:
    I have a v2.3 sense of direction, coupled to a 1.99 AA road atlas.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Minardi)
    I have a v2.3 sense of direction, coupled to a 1.99 AA road atlas.
    How's that work out for you at 70mph down the Mwhatever?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SillyFencer)
    How's that work out for you at 70mph down the Mwhatever?
    I can memorise routes stupidly easily, basically. I've done thousands of miles on my own, to all sides of the country, and can think of very, very few times when I've gone wrong, or got lost. I drove back from Aberystwyth on Tuesday, just on a sense of direction and a memory, and got straight back without a problem.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gbduo)
    When I bought my TomTom the guy at Halfords said that the high end TomToms are a hundred times better than their Garmin counterparts. However, this works both ways in that the small, cheap Garmins competing with TomTom are better than TomTom. So I would recommend at least checking out both Garmin and TomTom, as apparently Garmin is better.

Mind, I think they are much of a muchness nowadays anyway. Nevertheless, I love my TT720T!
    I didn't read on from this point, sorry.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PhilMc)
    Well online and in Which, but then I couldn't be arsed to write all that and thought Halfords summed it up nicely.

Never mind.

ReputationRep:
    Is Halfords PC World for cars or something? I've always had the impression that their reputation was decent enough.

ReputationRep:
    Is Halfords PC World for cars or something? I've always had the impression that their reputation was decent enough.
    Halfrauds? Hmmmm.

I have a Garmin for when I go hiking, which is cracking. I also use it for locating fords to blast through . Getting there though is based on my sense of direction

ReputationRep:
    Indeed it is, sir. :p:

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys,

I bought the tom tom one today from Currys, just wanted to thank you all for your suggestions,you rock.

Guvnor :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Indeed it is, sir. :p:
    once upon a time halfords was a reasonable place for parts and tools ( though you'd probably get it cheaper going to a proper motor factor / tool shop) and a tending towards decent place for bicycles ( although you'd do better and be sure it was set up properly if you went to a proper cycle shop)

then they started selling all the tat and excrement that fills up around a 1/3 of the store ....

if you know what you want it's good ... some of the dubious characters employed by halfords are utter utter wastes of rations but occaisionally you find someone who knows their stuff ...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zippyRN)
    once upon a time halfords was a reasonable place for parts and tools ( though you'd probably get it cheaper going to a proper motor factor / tool shop) and a tending towards decent place for bicycles ( although you'd do better and be sure it was set up properly if you went to a proper cycle shop)

then they started selling all the tat and excrement that fills up around a 1/3 of the store ....

if you know what you want it's good ... some of the dubious characters employed by halfords are utter utter wastes of rations but occaisionally you find someone who knows their stuff ...
    True..

There is one guy in my store seems to know things, the rest... ?

ReputationRep:
    I've got a TomTom One (the newest version). It only does UK and Ireland. I paid £140 for it in the summer, not sure if this is the same one the others are talking about for £100 though (I'll be a tad annoyed if it is!!). It comes with the discs etc to update it on your PC, and the 'easy mount' thing to attach it to the windscreen (which I love btw, it's so small and neat and much easier to pop in to my bag than the old ones, or the Garmin ones). I wasn't sure how much use I'd get out of it, but have used it a fair amount and nearly always have it on me if I go out in the car, it comes in really handy. Particularly in areas that aren't familiar, if you're looking for a petrol station or carpark etc, it's very useful. I don't have a terrible sense of direction and don't do that many long journeys but it's good to have for peace of mind, and means I can concentrate more on the road without worrying about missing signposts or junctions. It's generally quick to find a signal too, although I should get around to updating it soon.

My friend has a standard Garmin one (not sure of the model name, all I know is that it's pink) and although it does the job well enough, I prefer using mine and she also says she'd rather have the TomTom.

ReputationRep:
    you was robbed if you paid 140 gbp for a TTOne UK+ireland this year...

i'd agree the TTOne mount is very neat and elegant

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.