The Student Room Group

Is it possible to get back into friendship with someone who rejected you for Prom?

So I asked her out, like 3 days before prom because I liked her, we both got along well within the school only and been friends for 3/4 years. Then she rejected me only because of her religion. She's a muslim and as a muslim, she can't date anyone as its not allowed. This caused pain internally but I respected her decision and her religion.

Ever since year 13 started (final year) started, it feels so weird when she's in my classes and it doesn't feel like a good environment at all. She only removed me from 'following' her social media account but she still follows me on socials so she didn't entirely blocked me. I can tell she's still not over me, I caught her looking at me a few times in school.

I'm a guy who has never been in a relationship before and I took the initiative to ask someone out for the first time ever. Is this normal? if you got rejected from a girl, is there bound to be awkward silences, blocking someone out on socials?
Now, because I didn't have this type of situation before, I just feel like getting back to friendship with her, be on good terms, I don't really want to face this type of weird feeling for a whole year, especially a last year before we all separate into real world. Is it possible to get back into friendship with someone who rejected you purely because of religion? I'm a nice guy, been respectful and an academic student...

Tbh, I should have known that asking muslim girl out is wrong in the first place and I guess I'm the reason that caused this weird environment between us...I feel bad for this and I really want to be on good terms with her and try forget the past....What do you guys think I should do?
pls answer the questions I stated here or at least some...
Thanks 4 reading.
Forget abt it and find someone else there's plenty more out there
Original post by memeister27
Forget abt it and find someone else there's plenty more out there

It's not year 8, if its awkward you're either making it awkward or you're with the wrong person.
Remember, she's just a human being it's not that deep, and if she wanted to she would is pretty much a rule of thumb.
Original post by memeister27
It's not year 8, if its awkward you're either making it awkward or you're with the wrong person.
Remember, she's just a human being it's not that deep, and if she wanted to she would is pretty much a rule of thumb.

I guess your advice is to move on from her?, not really possible to get back into friendship/good terms from this now... so its true that there will always be someone you won't ever get along no matter what you did, I guess I will have to accept this and move on. Don't bother getting back to friends with her. Anyone else agrees with me on this?
Reply 4
It’s normal. Friendship is never quite the same after rejection and it doesn’t sound too bad really. Just hold your head high and go about your business. Once you find someone else things may be more normal or not matter anymore
Original post by Zarek
It’s normal. Friendship is never quite the same after rejection and it doesn’t sound too bad really. Just hold your head high and go about your business. Once you find someone else things may be more normal or not matter anymore

Ig I will miss the friendship I had with her from past few years then..rip
Reply 6
Original post by Anonymous
So I asked her out, like 3 days before prom because I liked her, we both got along well within the school only and been friends for 3/4 years. Then she rejected me only because of her religion. She's a muslim and as a muslim, she can't date anyone as its not allowed. This caused pain internally but I respected her decision and her religion.

Ever since year 13 started (final year) started, it feels so weird when she's in my classes and it doesn't feel like a good environment at all. She only removed me from 'following' her social media account but she still follows me on socials so she didn't entirely blocked me. I can tell she's still not over me, I caught her looking at me a few times in school.

I'm a guy who has never been in a relationship before and I took the initiative to ask someone out for the first time ever. Is this normal? if you got rejected from a girl, is there bound to be awkward silences, blocking someone out on socials?
Now, because I didn't have this type of situation before, I just feel like getting back to friendship with her, be on good terms, I don't really want to face this type of weird feeling for a whole year, especially a last year before we all separate into real world. Is it possible to get back into friendship with someone who rejected you purely because of religion? I'm a nice guy, been respectful and an academic student...

Tbh, I should have known that asking muslim girl out is wrong in the first place and I guess I'm the reason that caused this weird environment between us...I feel bad for this and I really want to be on good terms with her and try forget the past....What do you guys think I should do?
pls answer the questions I stated here or at least some...
Thanks 4 reading.

Don’t worry too much about it, I guess you could apologise for asking her out as she is Muslim… but other than that don’t overthink. Muslims can’t date, and that’s that. I’m so sure you guys will be good friends soon.

It’s really sweet of you for considering her religion btw!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending