Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Melancholy)
    This is quite blatently untrue, Yuffie. Pavlik is almost a self-confessed racist - he seems pretty indifferent to that description. He does support his views with science. However he cannot link his scientific evidence for distinctions between the various human "races" to a decent and well-conceived political view. That people can be Jewish, Black, White, Asian or otherwise offers absolutely no reason for why somebody should place much consideration on the colour of one's skin. That racial distinctions do exist is not something that I dispute excitedly. That people are allowed to offer zero attention to the colour of a person's skin is what concerns me. Until Pavlik can then use his anthropological evidence in a discussion concerning the interests of human beings (i.e. the freedom of association of man) then I have no regrets in calling his views not only morally lacking, but quite clearly ill-conceived.
    But political views (which have little relation to intelligence) aside, he is far from the least intelligent TSR member which is what 'rockrunride' irritatingly claimed.

ReputationRep:
    Away from D&D, I'm a secret fan of Da Bachtopus.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DominF)
    I'm dominiku3 on youtube if that counts.
    :adore::adore::adore::adore::adore: :erm: :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    I must agree this discussion is very DnD centric(not that I mind!) but I would think the reason for this could be the scientific forums can be attributed to education, whilst DnD is based upon the ability to think logically and apply it to a situation, showing intelligent.

On a related note, Bateman for President of the Universe. Honestly. Really. Yeah.\

Piano Concerto No. 1 Scorpion Fire. Brilliant. Not my taste but very good.

ReputationRep:
    I would say that Lib, Profesh , Renal and Howard are the cleverest . At any rate, it isnt me . Age seems to be starting to have an effect on my brains :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yuffie)
    But political views (which have little relation to intelligence) aside, he is far from the least intelligent TSR member which is what 'rockrunride' irritatingly claimed.
    That's not for me to judge, but I shall say this: I have never received a rational response from him concerning why people ought to appreciate racial differences. They may exist - right, okay - but that's not sufficient. Why should individuals place so much value on these distinctions against the values they place on free-trade amongst people of all race, or freedom of association, or the freedom to have black friends on a white person's property should he desire it? Why should one enforce it such that individuals can't decide for themselves how much relevance they place on the colour of a man's skin? I'm afraid that quoting the same sources over and over again without tackling the demands of the question does not constitute "intelligence" in my eyes. :p:

ReputationRep:
    I'd say Profesh.

ReputationRep:
    sophie3

no in all seriousness Kolya, this other kid are pretty **** hot. And river85 always seems to say the right thing in any thread

ReputationRep:
    Agent Smith, anybody? Don't think he's been mentioned so far.

ReputationRep:
    well isn't it obvious....?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IeuanF)
    Agent Smith, anybody? Don't think he's been mentioned so far.
    Oh you're right! I think he deserves a special mention.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DominF)
    COOL!

ReputationRep:
    Pathetic a thread on intelligence ends in a thread on penis size.

ReputationRep:
    It's hard to say, oriel historian is very intelligent.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PeeWeeDan)
    Oh you're right! I think he deserves a special mention.
    Where's he gone, anyway? Haven't seen any posts from him in ages. Not since the Russia/Georgia stuff was still being debated.

I misses him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IeuanF)
    Where's he gone, anyway? Haven't seen any posts from him in ages. Not since the Russia/Georgia stuff was still being debated.

I misses him.

He gave up being a moderator after completing his Cambridge finals. I think he's now training to be a teacher and mustn't have the time to post anymore.

ReputationRep:
    It's pretty hard, there's a lot of damn intelligent people on here in their own special area. Like Laevis before he disappeared into the abyss, or Renal over in the Medics bit.

Because the forum's are so big, I would have thought it would be pretty hard to have a recognised "clever clogs" by all, as the only people known by everyone are generally the trolls.

ReputationRep:
    Pliny The Elder, at your service.
    x

ReputationRep:
    probably a 1/2 chance God is the most konwing person on these forums :P

ReputationRep:
    Eier Von Satan?

or maybe me :P

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.