Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    There are so many stupid people who didn't read the original post!:eek:
    The point was to find out if anyone on here has particular achievements (aside from GCSE's) that mark them out. Stuff like published books, won maths challenges/scholarships etc. But of course it has turned into another *****ing thread.:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stefano)
    There are so many stupid people who didn't read the original post!:eek:
    The point was to find out if anyone on here has particular achievements (aside from GCSE's) that mark them out. Stuff like published books, won maths challenges/scholarships etc. But of course it has turned into another *****ing thread.:rolleyes:
    I was 'highly commended' in the International Antagonistic *****ing Contest
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    But of course it has turned into another *****ing thread.:rolleyes:
    People on tsr care about things like being clever
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Stuff like published books, won maths challenges/scholarships etc.
    How would that make them clever?

Maybe other people are more clever but never enter maths competitions or put pen to paper... Or live in tribal africa

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Snips)
    Grades do not indicate intelligence
    Yeah they do man, my grades rock yours so biff on it hehe

ReputationRep:
    I'm not derailing this thread, Pavlik. I've made my view quite clear. The "ample" justification for being "racist" is wholly lacking because you're claiming that a non-changeable aspect of a human being should serve only as a detrimental feature to their opportunities in life. That genetical similarities somehow transfers to a famil- like bond - ignorant of the fact that it would be rare to marry between families, yet appropriate to marry amongst one's own race and amongst other races. That other people clearly feel the same way (that they feel no kinship link between other races) is evidence. That people place greater value on a person's character, personality and interests is rather more reasonably supported than the idea that people should be connected merely through skin colour. That other countries adopt nationalist (and damaging) policies is hardly a decent challenge to the non-racist's position. The non-racist would criticise all ultra-race nationalist policies. The whole premise that your argument relies on is so incredibly shaky; namely that race-replacement is actually something we should be fearful of. Indeed, no human being would be dying, and I'm hardly going to lose sleep just because people are being born of a certain colour of skin. I'm simply not that petty. Of course, no-one, regardless of skin colour, should invade your private property. Likewise, don't preach about who others should let onto their private property in Britain. Hiding behind the fact that your 'connection' with white people is subjective isn't really suited to challenging my point on that front. You're essentially saying, "I feel a connection with white people just because I can show that they are genetically similar". I don't feel the need to dispute this, but I shall say that it's an incredibly weak premise to base 'white nationalism' as a political ideology on. "Instinct" and "desire" should not overshadow "mind" and "reason". People are happy making friends with people from different races. I would say that you're acting tremendously selfishly to put your desires of an "all-white" population above the interests of that "white" population who do want the opportunity to marry and have kids with whoever they want, with consent, regardless of race.

ReputationRep:
    I won a Pride of Britain award in 2004. The video is on YouTube, but if I linked to it you would find out my real name.

And I won a series of Countdown.

ReputationRep:
    Done

ReputationRep:
    Here. Or here.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Liquidus Zeromus)
    I've learned that the hard way, but it's not drinking that's the problem, but general laziness, apathy, video games, and the internet. I've been trying to get rid of my bad habits, and to some extent I've succeeded, but there's still a long way to go. Cost me one or two grades in most cases. I'm very intelligent in some ways, and very stupid in others. =/

The important parts, what I miss out above all else, are revision, technique, and frequently reading around the subject.
    Wow, you're very similar to me with your description there, lol! I have also cut down a lot on playing video games.

ReputationRep:
    I am the most smartest

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isambard Kingdom Brunel)
    I won a Pride of Britain award in 2004. The video is on YouTube, but if I linked to it you would find out my real name.

And I won series 48 of Countdown. :yep:
    i smell poop do you?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Liquidus Zeromus)
    general laziness, apathy, video games, and the internet. I've been trying to get rid of my bad habits, and to some extent I've succeeded, but there's still a long way to go. Cost me one or two grades in most cases. I'm very intelligent in some ways, and very stupid in others. =/

The important parts, what I miss out above all else, are revision, technique, and frequently reading around the subject.
    Yep thats me. But I stay up late enough to have time to sqeeze in a few essays. I play like 4 hours + of Counter strike per day lol. In GCSEs I was Ssssoooooo much more lazy than now though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Profesh)
    Here.
    hahahaahahaahaah

ReputationRep:
    Forget what this post previously said, I hate more than anyone exposure of private matters.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 73337)
    Just by Radiohead

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=R5X7HKxpiQA
    Amazing, ta. I'll rep tomorrow if I remember.
    Damn it I wanna know what he says. :shifty: But I know that's not the point lol.

ReputationRep:
    I've witnessed many I thought were of sound intellect fail in numerous ways. So now I just don't know.

EierVonSatan seems to be consistent though, as does that Jan dude, although I have no idea what he's talking about (IB forum haunter)

ReputationRep:
    I'm a published author.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by T-o dore)
    How would that make them clever?

Maybe other people are more clever but never enter maths competitions or put pen to paper... Or live in tribal africa
    That's the stupidest thing I have heard in a while.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Promesse)
    I'm a published author.
    Go on...

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.