The Student Room Group

How to revise?

What do you suggest are the best methods for revising A-level Biology, Chemistry, and English Lit.?
The board I'm doing for Literature is Eduqas and I have no idea where to start either.
Original post by imonahellevator
What do you suggest are the best methods for revising A-level Biology, Chemistry, and English Lit.?

Do as many past papers as possible. Read the required content and ask your teachers to suggest more work for you.
For English, I would suggest that you make sure you understand and unpick the question and the story of whatever you are given. And make sure you write your ideas on the exam paper or an extra piece of paper because it will help you with ideas of what to write about. For chemistry and biology keep doing exam questions. Once you have the knowledge you know everything revise your notes and do exam questions because you will need to apply your knowledge on the exam questions. You can do this by going on Pearson or by asking your teacher to print them off for you xxxxx
Original post by Harrydoherty
The board I'm doing for Literature is Eduqas and I have no idea where to start either.

I'm doing OCR and things are starting to get complicated
Original post by Wired_1800
Do as many past papers as possible. Read the required content and ask your teachers to suggest more work for you.

Thank you
Original post by Incorrect01
For English, I would suggest that you make sure you understand and unpick the question and the story of whatever you are given. And make sure you write your ideas on the exam paper or an extra piece of paper because it will help you with ideas of what to write about. For chemistry and biology keep doing exam questions. Once you have the knowledge you know everything revise your notes and do exam questions because you will need to apply your knowledge on the exam questions. You can do this by going on Pearson or by asking your teacher to print them off for you xxxxx

Thank you <3
Original post by imonahellevator

Heya!
I did chem, bio maths and econ. Generally, be organised and make a dedicated revision timetable with specific days for specific subject revision :h:
For bio and chem: make revision notes, spider diagrams etc. Personally, I had a revision notebook where I recorded all of the material.Go slowly topic by topic and make sure to practice answering the topic's question. Study Mind offers free separated resources from past papers or revision notes.

For English, check out Maths and Physics tutor for past papers (by year not by topic). I haven't done English so can't really say how best to revise for it but being organised and making sure to keep up with your revision!

I hope this helps!
Milena G.
UCL PFE
Study Mind
Original post by StudyMind
Heya!
I did chem, bio maths and econ. Generally, be organised and make a dedicated revision timetable with specific days for specific subject revision :h:
For bio and chem: make revision notes, spider diagrams etc. Personally, I had a revision notebook where I recorded all of the material.Go slowly topic by topic and make sure to practice answering the topic's question. Study Mind offers free separated resources from past papers or revision notes.

For English, check out Maths and Physics tutor for past papers (by year not by topic). I haven't done English so can't really say how best to revise for it but being organised and making sure to keep up with your revision!

I hope this helps!
Milena G.
UCL PFE
Study Mind

Thank you so much!

Quick Reply

Latest