Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    HELP!!!!!!! I am torn between both Bristol and Durham!!!!!!!!!!! I have no idea which one to pick as my first choice (fingers crossed I get an offer from Durham, as my application has gone to the College stage!!!) I wondered what you guys thought about reputation and atmosphere and stuff! What do u think?? Thanks!!

ReputationRep:
    Depends on wot subject I would think, but I would imagin Bristol, cos it's a larger city (rite?), very good shops, bars, clubs, and the reputation of the uni is certainly strong. But Durhum is a seems to be a few places ahead in the league tables...

All in all it really dosnt matter in terms of the unis, they are both good, think about where u'd wanna spend the next 3/4 years of ur life..

ReputationRep:
    Go to Durham. Only because Bristol rejected me and are nasty :rolleyes:

It really depends on what kinda of university you want to go to, and what subject you are doing. Do you want a big city, or a small one in colleges? Look at league tables for the subject you're taking too. I'd still say Durham

ReputationRep:
    durham, cos bristol rejected me.

ReputationRep:
    Bristol because Durham rejected me

ReputationRep:
    bristol smells... i heard from a v reliable source

ReputationRep:
    I think overall Durham is a more pleasent place to live. whenever I think of Bristol I think of an industrial site and lots of derelict land. Not that this is true though.
    Apparently everyone says Bristol is really hard to get into: 7 people per place on average. So the competitiveness makes it popular and seem like 'wow you got into Bristol!'. Both have good reputations although maybe Bristol has a bit more of a name, rather than ickle old Durham.

In the end, toss a coin. Heads Durham. Tails Bristol.

ReputationRep:
    I visited Bristol on Wednesday and thought it was fantastic. There are some hills but they add character and the city is really nice and not overly industrial at all. I haven't been to Durham yet of course.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks guys for your opinions! I haven't been to see either yet! But going off on a tangent, I am due to get a rejection/offer from UCL by Saturday (I went to the interview and we are supposed to find out the week after...this week). So that means I have to choose my Uni within 4 weeks BUT Durham's open day is in March, and haven't even heard from Bristol bout theirs yet! So gonna have to go them b4 the open days! I got an Unconditional Offer from Durham thru the post today. Got into St Cuthbert's (altho I didn't apply to it), and now not sure if I want to go to Durham (don't want to offend any Cuths reading), but I have heard bad reports about their accom. like lots have to share and stuff. But at Bristol I can get ensuite, self-catered, for £2500/yr at Durdham Hall, compared to Durham's £3000 flat fee! So I might try and change colleges if I can...dunno how I am going to go about that, any ideas? St Cuth's seems really sporty, and I don't know what a cricket bat is lol! But I dunno if that's a good enough excuse lol! Or I could say I am allergic to ppl, and so can't share lol (joke), what do u guys think...? Sorry to go on...! I do appreciate any opinions tho!

ReputationRep:
    Oh, by the way, I have applied to read BA Archaeology!

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.