The Student Room Group

Adult nursing reading list

One of my lectures for anatomy and physiology put a 50 pound book from Pearson on our reading list, do I have to get it or can I just get a much cheaper book from amazon. Recommendations are welcomed btw
Original post by Futurenurse56
One of my lectures for anatomy and physiology put a 50 pound book from Pearson on our reading list, do I have to get it or can I just get a much cheaper book from amazon. Recommendations are welcomed btw

Surely it's available through the university library? If not, are there other A&P books available in the library? You'll also be able to find a cheaper copy of the same book elsewhere online but potentially an older edition.
Original post by Futurenurse56

I buy my books secondhand or hire from the uni library/local library.

A good book for A&P I’d recommend is The Human Body Book by David Parker. I bought it online for £5.
See what the library has, they may have the book your lecturers recommend or other texts that will be just as useful.

Some of the more common A&P books are Ross and Wilson's A&P in Health and Illness; Marieb's Essentials of Human A&P (is this the one you've been told to get?) and Tortora's Principles of Anatomy and Physiology (I have this one and use it as a reference when preparing teaching). There's usually lots of copies of these books in most decent university libraries. Ross and Wilson is really popular and relatively inexpensive compared to some texts.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending