Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Video of me squatting - CALLIN OUT BEBBS watch

ReputationRep:
    Bebbs do I have rippetoe approved form?

First time I've worked legs in 2 weeks.

Nice light 90kg x5

Here's me failing badly at 130kg

Couldn't get moar cause some homo put a bench infront of my phone.

ReputationRep:
    Whenever I see people trying to go ATG in Chucks their heels always come off the floor. Either

less forward knee travel, sit back and cut the squat higher (this would be more akin to "Rippetoe approved form")
    or
    get WL shoes.
    or even do what I do, which is both of the above (even more like Rippetoe approved form).

ReputationRep:
    Pics or it didn't happen FluxD.

... Nice squats mate.

ReputationRep:
    a2g

ReputationRep:
    Is wearing chuck taylors to squat fail? I wear them cause my other trainers have a squidgy sole.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FluxD)
    Is wearing chuck taylors to squat fail? I wear them cause my other trainers have a squidgy sole.
    They're probably better than squishy sole shoes, but not if your heel is leaving the ground. You'd have easily got 130 if you hadn't gone up on your toes.

(Original post by Stricof)
    Well done, You've managed to show us a 'random' thread by changing the name...to squatting
    Why are you showing us videos of you squatting, surely we really don't want to see it or is this an aim for the chicks to see your squats without seeing your face or body.

Yes I see, just the legs, chuck taylors and the ....yes just legs
    Congratulations on your latest neg.

ReputationRep:
    Do not lock your knees as you straighten up, you'll screw up the joint and hyper extend. Make sure you pull up through the quad and the front of the knee cap.

ReputationRep:
    Wow your knees go far forward. I was under the (possibly mistaken?) impression that you should try and keep your knees at most in line with your toes?

ReputationRep:
    My knees tend to go forward as well. I remember someone posting a YT video on here of someone doing practically perfect squats and his lower leg barely moved. No idea how he managed that. I think I'd just lose my balance.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Redemption)
    Wow your knees go far forward. I was under the (possibly mistaken?) impression that you should try and keep your knees at most in line with your toes?
    you can't keep your knees completely behind your toes. They will go slightly over, but as long as they aren't right over the knees it's fine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Redemption)
    I skwot leik olympek

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FluxD)
    I skwot leik olympek

he takes the a2g metaphor a little too literally.

ReputationRep:
    Hai guise.

Nice call out thread.

Your heels leave the floor...... ahh **** it, Burningnun already covered it.

ReputationRep:
    Good form, people make far too much of minor imperfections like heels leaving the floor. Why you tried 130kg when you only just made 90kgx5 I don't know.

ReputationRep:
    Heels leaving the floor is not a minor imperfection.

ReputationRep:
    I was just typing that...

ReputationRep:
    90kg x5 is easy as hell, I just videoed it to show form. Where did I show signs of struggling on any rep?

I can do like 110kg x5.

Today I did 60kg x8, 80kg x5, 90kg x5 (the video), 95kg x5, 110kg x4, 130kg FAILZ then did 20 rep leg presses.

ReputationRep:
    Why not use a belt?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FluxD)
    Why not use a belt?
    No Belt. Weight lifting belts give a false sense of security. Bad technique will injure your back even if you wear a belt. Start light, focus on proper technique, add weight progressively.

http://stronglifts.com/stronglifts-5...ining-program/

I just saw that yesterday.

ReputationRep:
    A weight belt used correctly is better than not using a weight belt.

If I had some spare pennies around I would buy one.

(Original post by Lady Venom)
    Oh man. Miso and Sandhu have more power than me. I should really stop repping them...
    It's been ages since you repped me, just saying.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 15, 2008
Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.