Turn on thread page Beta

Video of me squatting - CALLIN OUT BEBBS watch

ReputationRep:
    Tund3, In Mark's words, "you should use a belt when the weight starts to feel damn heavy."

To expand on mny earlier point, correct usuage of the belt will give you a surface to contract your abdominals against, and it should't be used on warmups unless you are getting used to it. Are the main two points.

ReputationRep:
    ******** to weight belts.

ReputationRep:
    Well my ATG squats might be only like 110kg x5, but for comparison, when I was like 145lb skinny ass runt I could squat 115kg x5 parallel easy with no belt and that was ages ago, then I reset to 50kg to learn how to squat ATG and just started adding weight from there and started using a belt when I started squatting like 100kg ATG. Now I just wear a belt after I do 60kg x8, 80kg x5 warmup.

I also wear a belt to deadlift except for warmups.

ReputationRep:
    Who cares if he wears a belt? I bet he does more ab work than most anyway.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 15, 2008
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.