Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Is anyone else struggling to INSTALL Football Manager 2009? Watch

ReputationRep:
    This is creating such problems across the country and I believe across the world. I am not exaggerating.

You have to activate your copy of FM, and only when you do this, will you be able to play it.

ReputationRep:
    Yes you have to because of dodgy downloads on the internet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 46664)
    Yes you have to because of dodgy downloads on the internet.
    What?

ReputationRep:
    http://cmfrenzy.com/forum/index.php/topic,11024.0.html

ReputationRep:
    It's because their authentication servers are being overloaded, the silly fools didn't expect this level of demand and they've been bombarded, they are working on the situation now and hopefully it'll be solved within the day.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ajp100688)
    It's because their authentication servers are being overloaded, the silly fools didn't expect this level of demand and they've been bombarded, they are working on the situation now and hopefully it'll be solved within the day.
    Which does indeed appear to be the case, as I've authenticated my copy about 25 minutes ago It is a bit silly that they didn't expect such a high level of demand when the series has repeatedly been one of the fastest-selling titles in the UK every year (I believe the top five fastest-selling titles in the UK contains Championship Manager 4 and Football Manager 2006, 2007 AND 2008...and some other random game, probably Half Life 2 or something :p:); demand for this one series in the UK is unlike anything else you could possibly imagine, and they should really have put a lot of consideration into that before going with this online authentication system.
    The servers are back up now, however

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dalimyr)
    Which does indeed appear to be the case, as I've authenticated my copy about 25 minutes ago
    So that's your excuse for being awake; what's mine?

Nah, I actually preordered my copy weeks ago, but the demo didn't enthuse me THAT much and I've also been very ill, so haven't been able to get myself worked up about it. My copy's sitting in reception right now and I...couldn't care less

Ah well. Have fun playing

ReputationRep:
    My excuse for being awake is Football Manager? Not at all :p: I actually am having trouble with my sleeping pattern and am going to bed and waking up at very unusual hours. Being able to finally access SI's website, authenticate my game and download the patch were just bonuses of being up so early

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.