The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

University of Edinburgh

Hii!

So I am in year 12, and want to study Law in the future.. im hoping to either study at University of Glasgow or University of Edinburgh, I am taking Sociology, English literature and geography currently.

I am kind of worried, on whether my GCSE results will hold me back, as I see so many people applying to Edinburgh with very high GCSE results so will they hold me back? (pls help)

English Lang - 7
Eng lit - 7
Art - 7
Geography - 7
Combined Science - 7-6
History - 6
PE - 5
Maths - 5

Please help!
Original post by Lolaaaa1
Hii!

So I am in year 12, and want to study Law in the future.. im hoping to either study at University of Glasgow or University of Edinburgh, I am taking Sociology, English literature and geography currently.

I am kind of worried, on whether my GCSE results will hold me back, as I see so many people applying to Edinburgh with very high GCSE results so will they hold me back? (pls help)

English Lang - 7
Eng lit - 7
Art - 7
Geography - 7
Combined Science - 7-6
History - 6
PE - 5
Maths - 5

Please help!

Standard Entry:
SQA Highers: AAAAA (achievement by end of S5 preferred). BBB must be achieved in one year of S4-S5.
A Levels: A*AA - AAA.
IB: 39 points with 666 at HL - 37 points with 666 at HL.

Widening participation entry:
SQA Highers: ABBB by end of S6. BBB must be achieved in one year of S4-S5.
A Levels: ABB.
IB: 34 points with 655 at HL.

Subject requirements:
SQA: Highers: English at B, at first attempt.
A Levels: English Literature, English Language or combined English at B. English Language and English Literature GCSE, both at A or 7, are accepted in place of A Level English.
IB: HL: English at 5.

This information is from the University of Edinburgh's Law Course page and it shows that you need a 7 in English in place of A-Level English but having that 7 will be beneficial which you have but I recommend getting lots of law work experience.

Visit the Lawyer Portal to find adequate work experience for law!
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

Quick Reply

Latest