The Student Room Group

GCSE maths

Hi guys just wondering if there’s a more efficient and faster way to learn maths? I am aiming to get at least 6 or above preferably 7 or 8. I get what is being taught to me I just struggle remembering what to do after not touching the topic after a while.
Original post by student2730
Hi guys just wondering if there’s a more efficient and faster way to learn maths? I am aiming to get at least 6 or above preferably 7 or 8. I get what is being taught to me I just struggle remembering what to do after not touching the topic after a while.

If you don't know certain topics, there are many brilliant channels on YouTube which can give you a clear understanding on what to do. As for revising the content, use websites like Physics & Maths Tutor and Maths genie to do practise questions on those topics you were unsure on. Once you feel like you have gone through everything, try and do full practise papers from your examboard in timed conditions.
Original post by student2730

Heya!
Practice practice practice! Here is a link to maths past papers. The best way to revise for maths is by practising doing the questions :h: (preferably by topic).

I hope this helps!
Milena G.
UCL PFE
Study Mind
do past papers and see where you have dropped marks, then go practice those topics again. once youve done questions on a certain topic enough times it starts to feel like second nature

Quick Reply

Latest