Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I've heard people are put in order of their ukcat scores, and they work down the list for interview.

But there are people I know who have lower ukcat scores than me, and are being interviewed before me!

Whats goin on??

ReputationRep:
    they may be deciding on your fee status, trying to find your ukcat score or something else. things like these halt your application progress, doesn't mean it's bads news. the letter may be on it's way right now for all you know!

ReputationRep:
    I think it may be to do with chronological order of applications received. I had my interview today and I sent my application early enough. My friend sent it on the 15th (ie the deadline) and still hasn't heard, even though he has a UKCAT score which is clearly within the top 1000 of applicants.

ReputationRep:
    The order that UCAS provide universities with applications doesnt necessarily correspond with the order in which they recieve them. E.g. first come does not equal first served through UCAS. Its done deliberately to prevent universities from knowing who applied first and abusing the october 15th deadline.

Just sit tight and dont worry. Theres every chance an interview is headed your way.

ReputationRep:
    Fair enough, but at my Newcastle interview today they told me that they hadn't even got around to looking at the applications they received later on. Interpret what you will by "later on" but I assume it's a reference to time...

ReputationRep:
    I submitted my form in the week before my deadline and had my interview on the first day, other people there had submitted it a month in advance!

Don't panic yet, sure they will interview you if you have the right academics / UKCAT. They said they'll be interviewing right through til February/March time

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.