Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Do you not just hate them, the bad quality, the obviousness, the wanna-be pretentiousness? These are by far the worse two offenders of all clothes retailers, those who wear these are *****, wanna be posh, preppy etc whilst the majority fail to be and simply revel in their self-consciousness.
    I'm all for good quality and paying as such, but why do you have the most obvious logos? Isn't it just a meaningless symbol of someone's supposed status with an I can afford to wear this. I'm sure that I could myself, but I don't feel the need to display it to everyone that passes me on the street.

ReputationRep:
    I disagree.. A good friend of mine is a current model (not for abercrombie) and I was signed on for S. Oliver. Both of us wear abercrombie at times. The 'muscle' cut fits better than most brands. A&F also looks good on some girls. I've had no problem with quality.

ReputationRep:
    Oh the originality of this thread kills me. Just shut up.

ReputationRep:
    I'd assume that any man wearing A&F or Wills was a homosexual.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Azer)
    I've had no problem with quality.
    I didn't mean they were bad per se, but compared to what you could get for your money elsewhere

ReputationRep:
    makes me laugh that half the people in Durham all own the same item of Jack Wills

ReputationRep:
    heard this before. *yawn*

ReputationRep:
    Simply, who caaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaares old boy?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by poossum)
    I didn't mean they were bad per se, but compared to what you could get for your money elsewhere
    That's true. I'm sure you could get more quality for your money elsewhere. But with A&F you're also paying for the style and the fit, not just the quality.

ReputationRep:
    Argh, such a stereotypical anti JW and A&F stance is as bad as those who religiously read thier catalogues.

They were both orginally popular for good reasons, superior fit and design, but, like most good things that are thrust into the limelight, soon sold out and upped prices to become more exclusive and desirable for youths. Can't blame them really for wanting better profits. They still make good clothes, just now they are overpriced and have an unecessary social stigma.

Pretty much like Kings of Leon, still make good music (IMO worse however), but now are 'cool' and oversubscribed.

ReputationRep:
    Can't we get over the whole A+F / jack wills hating thing already? its been going on for years. Does it really matter what people are wearing so much.. i wouldnt personally wear them due to not being made of money / having better things to spend it on & not wanting to be viewed as one of those annoying preppy girls, but if other people wanna wear them what is the problem :|. Get over it.

ReputationRep:
    Lord!! :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I want a Jack Wills hoody:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Peace, for f**ks sake. Just accept that Jack Wills is passe, move onto Crew, Aubin and Wills (yes i know just more expensive Wills) or why not RL?

p.s. they are just clothes......

ReputationRep:
    Crew? Crew is for middle-aged chelsea-tractor-driving "yummy mummies". No thank you.

ReputationRep:
    Ooh original thread.

I'm not a big fan of either, I see too many people wearing them (and want to look different). But geez, why all the anger?

ReputationRep:
    Yea I agree with everyone else, get over it. I don't wear them either but let people wear what they wanna wear..its not offensive so who cares.

ReputationRep:
    definately agree with you poosum, there are many more individual brands out there who arnt trying to get everyone to dress in the same mundane way.

abercrombie jack wills are 2 american preppy feel brands who are plain boring, why do people like them??(genuine question not an abusive comment)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fatb)
    abercrombie jack wills are 2 american preppy feel brands who are plain boring, why do people like them??(genuine question not an abusive comment)
    Actually Jack Wills is British, and they like to emphasise that a lot, they have "Fabulously British" and stuff on their clothes.

ReputationRep:
    check out Whittawer, www.whittawer.co.uk, brought some joggers and a polo from there and its not the ridiculos prices that af and jw sell there stuff at.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.