Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by poossum)
    Do you not just hate them, the bad quality, the obviousness, the wanna-be pretentiousness?
    [.....]
    I'm all for good quality and paying as such, but why do you have the most obvious logos?.
    Bad quality?! Neither of them are.
    Primark, H&M, River Island, etc is bad quality.

ReputationRep:
    When i see people wearing JW, i pity them.
    only when teamed with all the other rah para. though, its quite sickly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fraser101)
    check out Whittawer, www.whittawer.co.uk, brought some joggers and a polo from there and its not the ridiculos prices that af and jw sell there stuff at.
    Is the quality good/on par with JW and AF?

(Original post by Smile88egc)
    When i see people wearing JW, i pity them.
    only when teamed with all the other rah para. though, its quite sickly.
    Why do you pity them? That's odd.

ReputationRep:
    They Both Fund terrorism fact. :woo:

ReputationRep:
    I don't like the whole collections but I generally like:
    Jack Wills trackies
    Abercrombie jeans & denim minis
    Both have some nice hoodies but overpriced.

ReputationRep:
    Yep, its established, the "quality" is good, but who cares, they're boring clothes for boring people, but I'm not going to dish out abuse to people who wear it, thats their choice.

Next.

ReputationRep:
    Pfftm its all about Hollister to be fair. Can now buy stuff off their website from within england so nice and cheap. Hoodies~£30 and polos around £20 its a bit of a bargain and the quality isn't to bad either.

(Original post by fraser101)
    check out Whittawer, www.whittawer.co.uk, brought some joggers and a polo from there and its not the ridiculos prices that af and jw sell there stuff at.
    know the owners of that! :awesome: hadnt seen the new site, its quite good! their stuff used to be so awful! they did a shoot at my school

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rosaaa)
    Bad quality?! Neither of them are.
    Primark, H&M, River Island, etc is bad quality.
    I'm hardly a JW rah and can only afford things when down to final reductions in the sale. However, the JW shirts are anything BUT bad quality. The cotton is really, really good quality.

(Original post by minimo)
    I'm hardly a JW rah and can only afford things when down to final reductions in the sale. However, the JW shirts are anything BUT bad quality. The cotton is really, really good quality.
    I have always thought that the girls shirts looked so much better than mens!

speaking as a serial owner, honestly the mens shirts arent very good quality at all, and the fit is mostly terrible! you can get better shirts pretty much anywhere else for the same price guaranteed, apart from the sale which seems to last half the year!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loafer)
    I have always thought that the girls shirts looked so much better than mens!

speaking as a serial owner, honestly the mens shirts arent very good quality at all, and the fit is mostly terrible! you can get better shirts pretty much anywhere else for the same price guaranteed, apart from the sale which seems to last half the year!
    well I only have a JW glenwood shirt so am not v. knowledgeable. :tongue: however, it has come out looking pristine even when I use my ****** college washing machines which says a hell of a lot.

ReputationRep:
    There's nothing cool about Jack Wills, Rah ****'S

ReputationRep:
    OP: **** off and get a life.

ReputationRep:
    It's just a fashion statement. No more different if I wish to look like Marilyn Manson or 50 cent tbh.

ReputationRep:
    know the owners of that! :awesome: hadnt seen the new site, its quite good! their stuff used to be so awful! they did a shoot at my school
    Whittawer clothes are in fact really awful, the quality is very poor. You only need to look at the pictures on the website to see that. They seem to just buy standard plain clothes and print their own logo on them.

I also used to like JW and Abercrombie around 3 years ago. But now I wouldn’t touch the stuff, (Though I still like the JW jeans)
    They're over used, it’s a shame because the quality in the clothes from these two brands are in fact very good.

Now a days, I luckily know one of the staff working at Ganobi & Grant, www.ganobi.com, so I have most of their spring collection already, which is good because I won’t see many people wearing the same item of clothing which I’m wearing, which with JW and Abercrombie I will.

ReputationRep:
    Their well made and fit well. Overpriced yes, but I own an Abercrombie t-shirt and JW boxers and t-shirt. I HATE people that wear them all the time, but the odd peice of clothing is fine IMO.

(Original post by lordsteggles)
    Whittawer clothes are in fact really awful, the quality is very poor. You only need to look at the pictures on the website to see that. They seem to just buy standard plain clothes and print their own logo on them.

I also used to like JW and Abercrombie around 3 years ago. But now I wouldn’t touch the stuff, (Though I still like the JW jeans)
    They're over used, it’s a shame because the quality in the clothes from these two brands are in fact very good.

Now a days, I luckily know one of the staff working at Ganobi & Grant, www.ganobi.com, so I have most of their spring collection already, which is good because I won’t see many people wearing the same item of clothing which I’m wearing, which with JW and Abercrombie I will.
    ganobi are the ones with the bear right?
    We have now sold out of our Summer Collection 2008, and we would like to thank you all for your interest in our brand. Therefore at the moment we are working really hard on producing our Spring Collection, which will be launched in February 2009.
    what on earth, why would you ever take your site down? at least show some old collections!

www.hurtleygiles.com was another of the ilk, but has been very quiet since i first heard of them a few years ago.

ReputationRep:
    Abercrombie and Fitch is the worst shop in London, I get a headache every time I go in, and what bland boring clothing, also ridiculously overpriced for what it is too

And if you want real quality go Selfridges and House of Frazer not these bastions of banality

(Original post by a_t)
    Abercrombie and Fitch is the worst shop in London, I get a headache every time I go in, and what bland boring clothing, also ridiculously overpriced for what it is too

And if you want real quality go Selfridges and House of Frazer not these bastions of banality
    really?

ReputationRep:
    really?
    Erm yeah, really

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.