Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Just heard back from my regional office about my internship application, turns out the internship their is a rotation between two tax service lines. These are Global Employer Solutions - International Assignments and Private Clients Services.

I have been asked to re answer the 'Why this service line?' and 'What do you think you'll be doing' questions again. Could anyone offer any advice/insight???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cymro)
    Just heard back from my regional office about my internship application, turns out the internship their is a rotation between two tax service lines. These are Global Employer Solutions - International Assignments and Private Clients Services.

I have been asked to re answer the 'Why this service line?' and 'What do you think you'll be doing' questions again. Could anyone offer any advice/insight???
    What do you think you will be doing should be fairly similar, maybe edit them slightly to put the word tax into each other, but it should be similar kinds of words. Potentially more of an advisory angle, and definitely keeping up with regulations.

For the service line, your best bet is to look into it and understand it better as you'll need this for your interview anyway. You could always mention the rotational element

But yeah, for both of them look at adjusting your current answers first before starting completely from scratch.

ReputationRep:
    Is this for the Gap Year Scholar Scheme? or just a graduate placement?

ReputationRep:
    Private Client Services is basically just assisting rich people with tax compliance and planning e.g. wealth planning, inheritance and capital gains tax planning etc.

The other one sounds like you will be assisting employers with the tax matters of employees who are seconded abroad or something e.g. change of residence and tax rules on the employees remuneration.

ReputationRep:
    Re: Private Client Services at Deloitte. If you are in the Manchester or London offices, there are two parts to PCS - Personal Tax and Investment and Pension Consulting (IPC). If you are applying for any other offices it will just be Personal Tax.

IPC is basically providing advice to individuals on their investments, pensions and other general financial planning needs.

Personal Tax involves providing personal tax advice to clients (on taxes such as Inheritance Tax, Capital Gains Tax etc) as well as completing their annual tax returns (this is what you tend to be more involved in at the start).

Both parts of PCS provide their advice to high net worth individuals such as enterpreneurs, business owners etc.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to finance and bankingGuide to accountancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

ICAEW logo

ICAEW

"Choose a career journey with limitless possibilities."

Quick link:

Unanswered finance and accountancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.