Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

MCYans Personal Question Thread Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wizz_kid)
    I think it is better if you wait till your body 'cools down' and then have a shower.
    This is why we do a little something called warming down after the main part of the session.

ReputationRep:
    If you're aching all over, then don't go for a hot shower - it'll ache for aagess. Jump in to quickly wash yourself off with cold water, and after a few hours, have a warm one. Personally, I finish off all gym training with a few minutes in the pool, and subsequent pool shower...

ReputationRep:
    Does it really matter what time you have a shower after your gym session.

Jesus people think way too much about **** that doesn't matter.

ReputationRep:
    lol!
    i meant shower or bath STRAIGHT AWAY after the gym

ReputationRep:
    My muscle is orginally very musclar,I come to the gym,because I want to get healthier and fitter,But do not want my body get more musclar,because it already is.
    Do you know how much often shall I go to the gym?and how many hours each time would be ok,could also prevent my muslce getting more musclar.By the way,im a girl
    Thanks in advance

ReputationRep:
    more aerobics/cardio stuff, less weights?

ReputationRep:
    I suppose some genetically fat/strong people are harder to lose weight compared to average people isn't it?(not me lol) but im not slim though!=P

Just wanted to know,how do they lose weight in a healthy way?I have seem quite a lot fat people around which worries me!

ReputationRep:
    Lol tell me if I post this thread in the wrong area?:p:

Well,Im not short,but I still want to grow taller,im quite average,should be satisfied,but you know,not enuff!!lol

Are there any particular methods could let me grow taller?my parents are genetically very tall,it seems that they dont pass me the height gene :o:

ReputationRep:
    how tall r ju? (dont think there are anyways to grow taller)

ReputationRep:
    How tall are you?

Eat and sleep well, there is no secret to grow taller.

ReputationRep:
    Emm..I dont measure it in feet,im sorry
    about 166cm

ReputationRep:
    5ft 5??perhaps

ReputationRep:
    The rack?

ReputationRep:
    aside from breaking you legs, and setting them so there is a small gap that the bone then grows into, there isn't a way to make yourself taller no. Let nature run its course. You probably won't stop growing til 21 either.

Oh, or you could take the ideal advice above, which is make sure you eat well. Can't grow if you don't eat well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MCYan)
    I suppose some genetically fat/strong people are harder to lose weight compared to average people isn't it?(not me lol) but im not slim though!=P

Just wanted to know,how do they lose weight in a healthy way?I have seem quite a lot fat people around which worries me!
    Read the sticky. Especially this bit.
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...1&postcount=20

ReputationRep:
    Are you male or female, and how old are you? There are no ways to grow taller if you're already fully grown I'm afraid =/ Wear high heels :p:

ReputationRep:
    Are we talking about any specific body parts? I have quite a few spam e-mails I could forward to you...

ReputationRep:
    OMFG please read the BIG STICKY. Your questions will all be answered in there.

ReputationRep:
    i know, it sucks doesn't it, i also suffer from this problem. look what happend to this poor guy http://img179.imageshack.us/img179/7...oleman4ky7.jpg

ReputationRep:
    I don't shower straight after a CV session bcos I carry on sweating for ages anyway, just have a little rest then jump in

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 16, 2008
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.