Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How many asian women intend to get married to an asian or non asian? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KayleeLand)
    you are racist. you don't deserve anyone like me.
    how is that in the slightest sense racist?!?!?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by prospectivEEconomist)
    i want one but thats cuz then i get can get a really fit girl haha
    how did i know you would be asian.

ReputationRep:
    you are racist. you don't deserve anyone like me.
    Okay, that was just harsh and stupid. Well, think about it - none of us Asian people could properly understand what it'd be like to be white, either. There are certain things that you just wouldn't get, for example why the title of this thread makes so much sense.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tazarooni89)
    Ok - but why are we assuming that the chronologically latest social stage is necessarily the most beneficial to society?

because we have no choice but to accept the inevitable. we (in the west) cannot go backwards. also because as a woman, i do not want any sort of inequality.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jaz_jaz)
    get me heheh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Resok)
    People are being a bit vague with the term asian. I mean you could be describing vietnamese, indian etc.
    I think in the UK the term holds the meaning of southern Asian ie. Indian/Pakistani etc.

ReputationRep:
    No bcos have you been brought up in an asian family? Do you know any of the things that you're just suposed to know- like the rough age to get married?
    Its hard to understand unless you come from an asian family.

I know that asians what to keep themselves to themselves, if thats what you mean.

ReputationRep:
    i want one but thats cuz then i get can get a really fit girl haha
    :laugh: and i was being i was desperate! :mad2: im not desperate i think, this guy is :p:

ReputationRep:
    mate, i love asians. i just am not feeling very happy at the mo, realising that they don't like me just because I'm not asian.
    I think that's totally of the mark, to think that people don't like you because they want to marry within their own cultures. Besides, Asia is a huge place with many different races and the are often just as reluctant to marry other Asians as they are white (which I presume you are).

ReputationRep:
    but its good as well...i cba with all the dating tripe so goin to india and marryin a cute girl is the best thing that can happen

ReputationRep:
    Sorry, but are mommy and daddy going to live with the person first? To really get to know them, I mean.
    No - but then neither is the child. It's difficult to explain, because usually in British culture, the child would actually date, sleep with, and possibly live with their future husband first. This is all well and good, but during the process of "getting to know them", if they realise that the person actually wouldn't make a suitable spouse, they'll have to end their relationship which they've built up by now. And that's not a nice feeling.

Whereas when parents choose a spouse for their child, it's usually because they are friends with that person's parents, rather than the person himself. As such, they know how he's been raised, and have a "good picture" about him already.

But if the child wants to get this "good picture" first, this is a process that can often end in unhappiness.

Hmmm me thinky not! Well, also I'd like to add that arranged marriages seem to happen for status purposes more than anything.
    It may seem that way, but in reality it's not true at all. Arranged marriage purly for status purposes generally only happens with snobby Asians :p:

ReputationRep:
    come on every 1 would prefer someone from same cultural background if they care about that stuff, black wud prefer black, asian- asian, white- whiite.

if you white would you marry a muslim who wears the dress and keeps a beard? or a indian with a turban and beard?

chances are you'd already had made an opinion on them based on sterotypes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Big Kabz)
    KayleeLand

It's just that they think because you are not asian you won't understand the thoughts of an asian family.

I <3 you

17 is young but in some countries it has been known that girls who have been married at a younger age.

so does that mean that a woman cannot understand the thoughts of men? Not being asian is a poor excuse. i can only understand if i am allowed to.

ReputationRep:
    but its good as well...i cba with all the dating tripe so goin to india and marryin a cute girl is the best thing that can happen
    You want to marry a girl FROM india?
    Whyyyyyy man!?

ReputationRep:
    Because culture demands their parents choose their spouse?

Well then that's weak.
    I know why you can have these opinions but the simple fact is you
    dont know asian families and how they actually are.
    I dont agree with them at all but its really hard for the children sometimes to break
    the mould and theres nothing wrong with asians wanting to just marry
    asians so they dont upset their families.
    However it is sad when they fall in love with some one who isnt their race
    and their family object but in most cases they find some one who is asian and are perfectly happy with and its fine.
    Yes in my opinion who you marry shouldnt be based on race and in my case i dont
    care and nither do my family as long as the person is the same religion as me.
    I dont care if people dont want to marry a certain a race its up to them.
    Marry who you want, I just think people shouldnt force their opinions on others.

ReputationRep:
    or is it because once the arranged marriage has gone ahead, it is too late to change your mind ?

ReputationRep:
    You want to marry a girl FROM india?
    Whyyyyyy man!?
    well firstly the ones ive seen in delhi are just amazingly cute...and the ones there can be really sweet which you cant i think find in a girl in london

ReputationRep:
    so does that mean that a woman cannot understand the thoughts of men? Not being asian is a poor excuse. i can only understand if i am allowed to.
    Go on, tell me what it feels like to get kicked in the balls. I certainly couldn't tell you. :p: Crude response, but a man wouldn't know what it feels like to get pregnant/give birth... I know these are physical things, but like, sigh, y'know, I was on your side before, but now I'm actually reading your posts I see what people mean. :P

You seem very nice, but just please, accept there're certain things you'll never understand, you just can't. I don't feel bad in anyway admitting I don't know exactly what it'd be like to be white... I don't know how I'd regard Asians then, for example.

You aren't Asian. If you refuse to realise that, then please, do us all a favour and keep hush, beta. :p:

Oh and, arranged marriage =/= forced marriage.

ReputationRep:
    I dont think most asians do decide if they want to marry an asian or non asian. As already mentioned its probably due to family pressures etc. Knowing that this obviously affects who they would see themselves marring or who they do end up marrying. But it varies and in time this will change. Theirs also the argument that people like people who are similar to them as mentioned the similar background lifestyle etc. But personally i cant see myself making that kind of decision.

ReputationRep:
    well firstly the ones ive seen in delhi are just amazingly cute...and the ones there can be really sweet which you cant i think find in a girl in london
    Of course you can find girls like that in London! They're not all plastic/fake you know :no:

Oh do you mind if i pm you about your uni etc cuz I'm gonna take L100 and need some help?

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 15, 2008
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.