Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How many asian women intend to get married to an asian or non asian? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ketan1991)
    yeah, but what im tryin to say is that i would prefer a girl for myself who didnt eat meat as i beileve meat is wrong and i wouldnt want a animal to suffer and lose its whole life for the sake of one meal which would last a few minutes, even in the Bhagavad Gita it is stated that eating meat is wrong, thats why i find it a lil hard to see why hindu's eat it. but oh well .
    It's the cycle of life,eating meat and all but to each its own.

and tbh i havent read the bhagvad gita but, i do know that animal sacrifices are common in hindu culture so not really eating meat is kind of hypocritical IMO.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zamolxes)
    I think that's just racist. It seems to be a very recurring problem in brittain as well as in most asian countries. Having lived in north america for 8 years I object to what most people have said. That's just stupid and it pisses me off because I had an arab girlfriend and im white and her parents made her break up with me because they wanted her to be with an arab guy. That's just effing wrong man. There's no if's or but's or exceptions. Just effing wrong. Get over your racial superiority complex you little nazi's and realise that we're all human.
    Oh yeh because calling ALL Asians 'Nazis' is really going to help =/ not all of us are like that. My parents would be completely fine with me marrying a non Asian and they weren't even brought up in this country. And Arab culture is different. You just happened to fall for the wrong girl.

(Original post by KayleeLand)
    I'm mixed race and have never ever thought that in my entire life! Belonging to more communities is enriching and an advantage. Mixed race people are also the best looking
    Weren't you banging on about being shallow?

What does being of the same cultural background give you? It doesnt give instant stability nor love.... I am bewildered by this thread.
    I wouldn't rule off a non-Asian at all, infact I'm generally more attracted to them, but I can completely see why others would want the cultural similarity. Say you have kids: the parenting methods can vary a LOT depending on your culture. Watch Russell Peters, you'll get it.

(Original post by dark<>horizon)
    if you're asian...you're meant to know.
    Lol. 'The Time'.

I am only giving as good as I get. I love Asian culture, and am feeling rejected as I understand that however much I respect this community, they will never expect anyone who is not of their own colour (according to this thread).
    Wth are you on about? Most people have said they would RATHER an Asian but aren't saying no to anyone. Stop being a hippy.

I realise this point may be confusing but i have spent several years studying a variety of dictatorships and those countries affected all suffer in the form of experiencing social stages at a slower rate. this theory is applicable to those countries whereby religion is a major factor. imo because religion is the biggest dictatorship outside or america.
    That's probably due to globalisation more than anything. Countries like India, which have only recently started developing, didn't have the technology or communication methods they do now to learn more about the world's cultures. If you were to compare that to the UK, their history has meant wealth of such an extent people could regularly travel and stuff to places like Kenya and learn about people's way of life.

you are racist. you don't deserve anyone like me.
    LOL <3 that comment made me like you a little, so random and cringe-worthy

I know that asians what to keep themselves to themselves, if thats what you mean.
    Your opinions are so shallow it's ridiculous. If that were true why would you have travelled to Asia and learnt Punjabi or whatever? You were clearly embraced by our culture and people.

(Original post by Atomic Tundra)
    Kaylee sounds like shes about to cry
    Rep.

(Original post by prospectivEEconomist)
    well firstly the ones ive seen in delhi are just amazingly cute...and the ones there can be really sweet which you cant i think find in a girl in london
    That's because they're fed up of the other freshies. You're exotic to them yaaar

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ophion)
    To KayleeLand:

I don'tthink its a race issue. the issue is that asian parents want their children to themselves have an asian family where the children will grow up as muslims. and in order to create that family people think they need an asian partner who is muslim.

a Hindu mate tells me that it is the same for Hindu parents.

Ihave a friend who married a white girl, she is now a muslim,and they're very happy together.

so its religion that suggests we (if ur muslim) marry muslims to create a muslim family.

also, i think old asian folks are worried about losing their 'culture' here in the UK.lol

but why is it so important?

ReputationRep:
    i have actually had it up to my eyeballs with this thread and the amount of pig headedness that is being thrown around.

why cant people just be nice to everyone regardless of race and colour?

why is it that people look for the differences and hold onto them? instead of just being themselves!
    Everyone can be nice regardless of race an colour.

But in terms of marriage, people generally want to be with someone they can get on well with for the rest of their life.

If you're Asian, it's more likely that you'll get on well with someone else who's Asian. Obviously it's possible to find a white person who is a perfect match - but they can be difficult to find. You'd have to be really lucky.

This whole same-race marriage stuff is only due to probability. An Asian person would probably marry the first person they find who is a perfect match. It's just quite likely that said person is going to be Asian.

If they are a different race, that doesn't cause problems, that just makes it more likely for an incompatibility to already exist between the two people.

ReputationRep:
    i have actually had it up to my eyeballs with this thread and the amount of pig headedness that is being thrown around.

why cant people just be nice to everyone regardless of race and colour?

why is it that people look for the differences and hold onto them? instead of just being themselves!
    Look, I'm really sorry - I tried to be nice! I did! But you just won't accept what we're saying! If we are ourselves, it's being who we've been moulded into, after over a decade of experience in an Asian family. I mean, don't you dare act as though you know what kind of person I am, anyway, I am nice to people, certainly regardless of race and colour. I mean, three of my best friends are white, and one is mixed race British/Jamaican, and it matters not to me at all! It's complete arrogance that gets me to stop being nice, you understand.

Please, I really think you seem like a decent person, and it's nice you wanna understand Asian culture more, but there're aspects it is literally impossible for you to ever comprehend fully, unless you were born as an Asian and lived in an Asian family for years. Why can't you just accept that? It's not as though it matters in the slightest.

(Original post by Atomic Tundra)
    What did Mum and Dad say?
    About the non-Hinduism? It was a few years ago. Mum was mad, initially, but accepted it. My older brother's the same as me, y'see. Dad, I haven't seen since I was very small.

(Original post by shriya)
    you are not the only one:p:
    :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ketan1991)
    yeah, but what im tryin to say is that i would prefer a girl for myself who didnt eat meat as i beileve meat is wrong and i wouldnt want a animal to suffer and lose its whole life for the sake of one meal which would last a few minutes, even in the Bhagavad Gita it is stated that eating meat is wrong, thats why i find it a lil hard to see why hindu's eat it. but oh well .
    Hey I agree, I think that's fair enough. I mean, I don't follow the Gita, but yeah, I do agree.

ReputationRep:
    ofcourse im never going to know when no one wants to let me in!

i am neither white, nor black, asian, nor oriental, nor whatever! so does that mean i dont understand anything?

why are you all not in asia then?
    oh ok , sorry are we bothering you?? ill go back to desh then innit.

i think this thread is taking bad turns...... and feel sorry for you, as everyone is kind of being mean to you

ReputationRep:
    ANd people wonder why the BNP is growing stronger.

Well its certainly no thanks to the welcome the asian community give to british citizens.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shriya)
    It's the cycle of life,eating meat and all but to each its own.

and tbh i havent read the bhagvad gita but, i do know that animal sacrifices are common in hindu culture so not really eating meat is kind of hypocritical IMO.
    the cycle of life?? thats for animals who cannot survive without meat. we can. and animal sacifices??? i think you are looking into specific groups rather than the religion itself. Hinduism calls to respect all animals not to sacrifice any watso ever. This is kinda the attitude im scared that people are taking up. Hinduism does not support death even in sacrifices. Eating meat is not the hindu way of life, and can u justify a killing of a animal for ur meal? im sorry i dont mean to sound agressive

ReputationRep:
    why are you all not in asia then?

Well its certainly no thanks to the welcome the asian community give to british citizens.

how mean...brb returning to asia

thread is taking bad turns

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by i_<3_you)
    oh ok , sorry are we bothering you?? ill go back to desh then innit.

i think this thread is taking bad turns...... and feel sorry for you, as everyone is kind of being mean to you
    yes everyone is being mean to me, because i am trying my upmost hardest to like everyone regardless of race. altho the majority of the posters here, seem to think that asian culture is so utterly uncomprehendible that a mere briton like myself has no hope in hell of understand such complexity. (sarcasm).

i have given up now, shall perhaps turn my enthusiasm for foreign cultures towards racism.

ReputationRep:

the BNP are a racist party which diserve no support watsoever. and i welcome everyone with open arms, i appologise for other people who may have offended you. but please dont think bad of all the asian community

ReputationRep:
    but why is it so important?
    it's important because every religion (just about) believes that religion holds the meaning of life. So religion is KEY to many aspects of life; and marriage is quite a key aspect. For this reason it is vital that ur partner is of the same religion,which i think should be some what understandable. seying 'ur not asian,so u wont understand' is not the right things to say.lol, some people don't know how to explain things diplomatically.lol

ReputationRep:
    This thread has gone hugely off topic and is only getting worse so I am going to close it.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 15, 2008
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.