Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm really want to get some GHDs - are they worth the money?

Also...does anyone have the salon styler i.e. the one with a larger barrel?

Cos I've got very long hair so was wondering whether that one would be better for me?

ReputationRep:
    yes yes yes
    just buy them
    thick ones if you have a lot of hair
    or normal- they style better too.

ReputationRep:
    I'm getting some for christmas because I tried my Aunty's and loved them :-)

ReputationRep:
    They are definately worth the money! I would go for the normal ones, even if you have lots of hair, as they are much easier to use, and style with.

ReputationRep:
    I have had 2 straighteners before I got my GHD's and they don't even compare - I tried to get alternatives to save the money but after eventually buying GHD's I realised it was what i should have done in the first place coz i ended up spending more money! So yeah in my opinion they are definetely worth it :thumbsup:

ReputationRep:
    Don't they... err... damage your hair?

ReputationRep:
    ghds are soo worth the money but i would just get the normal ones.. not the fat ones... they are really awkward to use

ReputationRep:
    They are really expensive, not exactly worth that amount of money but I paid it anyway and am not disappointed. The main difference is that my hair stays neat and straightened even if it's rained a little bit (whereas with crappier straighteners it'd be all puffy with the smallest hint of rain), and stays straight for the whole 2 days in between washing my hair. I used to have to straighten it every day, and if I was going out in the evening I'd have to straighten it again even if I'd only done it that morning. So I'd have to wash my hair every day because I don't like straightening hair that's not just been washed. So yeah, they're really convenient to use, my hair stays neat until the next time I wash it without fail. And I don't think I'm damaging my hair as much as I used to, because I don't have to spend so long straightening it and only wash and straighten every 2 days... has really improved the condition of my hair.

ReputationRep:
    What's the difference between GHD's and normal straighteners...?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by luk333)
    What's the difference between GHD's and normal straighteners...?
    GHD's are generally quite a bit hotter than other straighteners, so they work better.

ReputationRep:
    I have limited edition Dark stylers, they are brilliant!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tasha-x)
    GHD's are generally quite a bit hotter than other straighteners, so they work better.
    Oh i thought they was magic or something. I have medium lengh hair (guy) and use them to neaten my hair and kink it out to the side. Does a higher temp just keep it neater for longer?

ReputationRep:
    Oh i thought they was magic or something. I have medium lengh hair (guy) and use them to neaten my hair and kink it out to the side. Does a higher temp just keep it neater for longer?
    Haha, i do prefer the thought that they are magic though! :p:

Erm, yeah I guess them being hotter gives it more staying power ... I guess it's like trying to iron clothes with a luke warm iron as opposed to a really hot one ..

ReputationRep:
    Maybe but it also destroys the hair structure more easily

EDIT: maybe better for girls but why not use this http://www.folica.com/Frizz_Ease_Stra_d1808.html
    and blow-dry your hair

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by whitepearlbaby)
    Maybe but it also destroys the hair structure more easily
    Can I fix it again with conditioner?

ReputationRep:
    My old ones literally exploded, but I had had them for four years.
    & I immeadiately bought a new set.
    They are well worth it
    x

ReputationRep:
    Can I fix it again with conditioner?
    Well the problem is the inner structure of your hair which gets destroyed by heat. conditioner won't fix the problem but your hair will grow back eventually

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by whitepearlbaby)
    Don't they... err... damage your hair?
    Shhh. Don't tarnish the miracle that is silky smooth hair.
    x

ReputationRep:
    I have the all black GHD's, can't remember what they're called actually, but they're really good.

The thing I hate about straighteners is after a while the tips of your hair sort of 'catch' on the plates, it doesn't feel like a smooth glide when straightening after a while, it feels quite jerky. I would assume that's not unique to GHD's but I wouldn't know because I've only ever used them - anyone else had this?

The GHD's are also good for curling your hair because of the high temperatures, i often use them over my actual curling tongs.

ReputationRep:
    OMG
    GHDs are worth every penny!
    I would not be able to live without them lol.
    Normal sized GHDs should be fine with long hair, plus they can be used to curl your hair too, which is great =D.

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.