Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Best methods/excuses you have used to get out of PE. Watch

• View Poll Results: Did you ever try to get out of PE?
    Once
    5.74%
    Only if it was a class pact
    3.04%
    More than twice
    66.89%
    NEVER! I LOVE PE!
    24.32%

ReputationRep:
    Obviously, I don't do PE now, but what are the best methods/excuses you have used to get out of PE (Or did)?

I will add mine soon..battery low!

ReputationRep:
    i absoloutly hated my PE teacher and the feeling was mutual. In yr 10 i told my PE teacher that i quit PE.

ReputationRep:
    That's a really poor poll.
    I have managed to avoid every PE lesson this year and am damn proud of it.
    I have had "doctor's appointments" on 4 consecutive Wednesdays
    x

ReputationRep:
    Period pains.

Didn't work for some reason :unsure:

ReputationRep:
    Atm, i've given up on excuses and just don't turn up the lesson. I go to the study room instead (it's not as geeky as it sounds... I've built up a sort of club of fellow 'lazy bunkers') and we just generally mess about.

Before though, i once pretended to have a broken arm. It was seriously the mother of all excuses as it meant i missed PE for the whole term. :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Democracy)
    Period pains.

Cant imagine why :confused: :p:

ReputationRep:
    Physical Education is great. Don't skip it kids.

ReputationRep:
    one of my mates managed to get a pe detention today for bunking every pe lesson this year so far lmao

ReputationRep:
    The one excuse that worked ALL the time, no matter what sport we were doing:

"I'm fasting..."

With a parental note, NO teacher would or could dare question that.

ReputationRep:
    I love PE but sometimes I just cba so I say that I have period pains. ONly worked for the first 6 weeks though.lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Democracy)
    Period pains.

:rofl:

ReputationRep:
    PE is the best lesson, why would you want to skip it?!!!

ReputationRep:
    I have managed to avoid every PE lesson this year and am damn proud of it.
    I have had "doctor's appointments" on 4 consecutive Wednesdays
    x
    Fantastic!

Ok heres mine:

1) Get parents to write note
    2) cut off date
    3) photocopy note
    4) forging note (harder!)
    5) "forgetting" kit
    6) Pretending to go to a exam when I didn't even do the subject
    7) convinced teacher I had a massive coursework project
    8) got art teacher to write me a note
    9) hid kit somewhere around school, say I thought someone had taken it, spend 45minutes *looking* for it, pick it up at the end of the day.
    10) joining YAA for the sole purpose of getting out pe for 1 lesson a week. half way through convinced teacher we were allowed to do both lessons for another year before anyone twigged
    11) *period pains* (no ones going to ask for details!)
    12) To top it all, I was a right geek so no-one suspected a thing!

:yep: :yep: :yep:

ReputationRep:
    I like P.E so i never actually tried getting out of it.

In my form class in secondary school most people didnt like P.E and always tried to get out of it, they used to write a fake note in their planner saying that they are ill with their parents' fake signature and it worked all the time.

It got to the extent that 25 people in my form class had fake notes about how they are ill and unable to do P.E. It was hilarious, the P.E teacher got so pissed she got the head of year to shout at all of us.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SuicidalLemming)
    :rofl:
    :top2:

ReputationRep:
    PE is the best lesson, why would you want to skip it?!!!
    Many reasons.

ReputationRep:
    I have ligament damage to my right foot and can't run far because of the pain it causes, so that got me out of track athletics and cross country. Music lessons was another great excuse while I was playing, though when I stopped in year 10 that cut short my excuses repertoire. I enjoyed things like badminton and javelin and stuff so I didn't bother skipping those... It all depended on the type of PE we did.

I rarely managed to get out of rounders, unfortunately :sad:

ReputationRep:
    It got to the extent that 25 people in my form class had fake notes about how they are ill and unable to do P.E. It was hilarious, the P.E teacher got so pissed she got the head of year to shout at all of us.
    *blushes*

ReputationRep:
    i wrote myself a note from my parents, saying my son has a stitch and cannot do any physical activities (year 8 or 9)

One of my mate kept using Ramadan throughtout his school year for PE :P

ReputationRep:
    I just had a note from my rents saying I hurt me knee.

The last 2 years I always did it unless I had a genuine reason though. Got to choose what we wanted to do so I enjoyed it.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 10, 2011
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.