Turn on thread page Beta

Best methods/excuses you have used to get out of PE. watch

• View Poll Results: Did you ever try to get out of PE?
    Once
    6.04%
    Only if it was a class pact
    3.02%
    More than twice
    66.78%
    NEVER! I LOVE PE!
    24.16%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cupid Stunt)
    I love PE, Basketball the most. I pulled a ligament in my lower back and it was pure agony for almost a year.

The school was like "Stop making excuses, a back injury doesn't last for that long."

******* pisses me off just thinking about it, dumb *******s. Well annoying.
    Since when they were your doctor? Oh wait, this doesn't surprise me - I was told by a nurse NOT to do PE for 3 weeks because I would risk having another infection again, yet was forced to do it.:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    During Year 7 I rarely did PE, I'd forge notes every week saying I'd hurt my ankle/foot/arm until the teacher got wise to it.

But from Year 8 to 11 I had the best teacher ever, she'd never make you do anything as long as you actually turned up to the lesson for the register and at least tried to have one go at rounders (all we ever played). Legend. It was usually a case of turn up, get changed, then sit down for the whole lesson whilst the girls that actually wanted to do it got to play a proper game and you'd join in for a bit if you could be arsed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by letsdothetimewarpagain)
    They did with a boy at my school the other week but his neck instead of his back. Half way through the lesson he was airlifted to hospital unable to move below his shoulders. They made him play rugby and they risk big trouble now.

Do/did you go to school in bournemouth? if so, which?
    That's nasty, I would sue the school if it's possible. :yep: I went to a school near Bournemouth in Poole, St. Edwards.

(Original post by Titch89)
    Since when they were your doctor? Oh wait, this doesn't surprise me - I was told by a nurse NOT to do PE for 3 weeks because I would risk having another infection again, yet was forced to do it.:rolleyes:
    I know, they doctor said no competitive sports for 6-7 months before I completely heal, there wasn't anything to speed up the healing.

I remember a teacher reading an article about a professional having to take something like 6 months of for a back injury and the teacher was like "What a FIBBER! He's just prolonging it to get the money, injuries don't take that long to heal."

I was just biting my tongue because it pisses me off, you can't imagine how horrible back injuries are if you've never had one, you can let it rest for months then all it takes is one match which you play too hard and then it's back to square one for another half a year it seems.

ReputationRep:
    Back and neck injuries are awful, they take ages to heal and they have to potential to go off again at any moment. People often belittle them with comments like "Back pain, that's not a real thing!" when it absolutely is! Not to mention the fact they're cumulative, the majority of people who have prolapsed discs say that all they were doing when it happens was getting up from a chair, out of a car, hanging up laundry etc.

It seriously bugs me when PE teachers think that they know more about injuries than physios, doctors, nurses etc. I remember once when I'd dislocated my shoulder a couple of days before, tehy tried to make me do PE, saying "I'm sorry, but you don't run with your shoulder do you? We're only doing track today" I said that yes, I do use my shoulder when I run, not to mention that fact that bobbing up and down is likely to cause a resubluxing of the joint, they just stared at me blankly and said "Get changed" I point blank refused, they threatened me with a detention, I said I wouldn't attend, they said they'd write to my parents, I said they'd laugh at you. He said "Look, lets be reasonable about this, your injury isn't that bad is it? It's not going to stop you running? It's like walking but faster haha!" I said to him "I'm really sorry, but where exactly did you study orthopaedic medicine or physiotherapy? You might want to ask for a refund on your tuition fees"

At which point he walked off

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cowberg)
    Well that's a shame, old chap.
    oh alright then you got me
    im a 55 year old man with a battered old computer and a webcab - mustn't forget the webcam
    i live in dark cramped flat
    i come on the internet to pretend that im a teenage girl
    and get young teenage boys to strip on cam for me
    i stroke myself repeatedly whilst doing this

i was just so attracted to this thread because of all the young kids talking about PE - i used to be a PE teacher until a young lad reported me for touching his private part whilst he changed

ah the good old days

I didn't bother with excuses, just hid in the toilets & sat reading for an hour. Only got caught once! XD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by high_maintenance_girl)
    oh alright then you got me
    im a 55 year old man with a battered old computer and a webcab - mustn't forget the webcam
    i live in dark cramped flat
    i come on the internet to pretend that im a teenage girl
    and get young teenage boys to strip on cam for me
    i stroke myself repeatedly whilst doing this

i was just so attracted to this thread because of all the young kids talking about PE - i used to be a PE teacher until a young lad reported me for touching his private part whilst he changed
    Wow, I thought I was the only one of us here.

So, what's your alias. Mine is Sandy, I'm a 14 year old cheerleader from ****ord Haven, who loves skinny-dipping and boys.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cowberg)
    Wow, I thought I was the only one of us here.

So, what's your alias. Mine is Sandy, I'm a 14 year old cheerleader from ****ord Haven, who loves skinny-dipping and boys.
    :woo:
    we should make a group

Mine is: Tiffany Jones, 17 years old therefore legal in the UK, I'm a typical British Girly Girl who looks like a Playboy - i like make up clothes shoes bags and most of all, like yourself, BOYS esp ones that play football.

ReputationRep:
    I said to him "I'm really sorry, but where exactly did you study orthopaedic medicine or physiotherapy? You might want to ask for a refund on your tuition fees"

At which point he walked off
    Hahahaha!! I like it!!:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    Mathematics

ReputationRep:
    There is this one PE lesson every week that I hate. Leadership In Sport. That's what it's called. And worse, my school is a sports college and I have never done swimming or baseball in PE. It's stupid.

My excuses...
    Female problems
    Migraine
    Flu (very common
    Sprained Ankle (I once sprained my ankle three times in six weeks. I had no PE for four months)
    Damaged Knee
    Forged not from parents saying I was advised to lay off physical exercise due to fainting.
    Stomach flu ( I would just run out and run to the toilets every ten minutes. When the teacher comes, start gagging)!!!!!!
    THE BEST EXCUSE...
    I have a doctors appointment. When i didn't want to do PE, I would just book a doctors appointment and complain about my illnesses. But I am always ill so I have an extended list of excuses.

The worst thing is that I get PE homework. Honestly.

ReputationRep:
    No.

That was my usual excuse, I like football, but hated P.E.

I always had it the hour before lunch, so me and my friends would have 2 hours for lunch twice a week lol,

ReputationRep:
    I had poor self confidence when it came to sport, so I was pretty much nervous before every activity! Stupid, I know, but atleast PE and Games is a thing of the past now.

ReputationRep:
    Pretending to be on your period was always I good one to use . I still have 50 minutes of PE a week, but that's ok because there's no PE teacher to make you play properly.

ReputationRep:
    I wish I was with my friends in one of my PE lessons.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    My sister's lips and fingers go blue VERY quickly in the cold- even if she doesn't actually feel really cold at all. She often used to skip merrily back inside when the teachers forced her to :p:

ReputationRep:
    I loved PE, I was gutted when they wouldn't let me do it cause I had a broken finger

ReputationRep:
    There was a teacher who apparently would want proof if a girl said they couldn't swim because of "the time of the month". I can imagine it was true too, dirty *****.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by georgia)
    Hah in Year 11 I think I managed to go an entire term only going to three PE lessons. And in Year 13 I missed half a year just by going back to bed during the lessons (it was a new school and I was a boarder, booooo).
    u had to do pe in year 13...the horror...

ReputationRep:
    i like pe though(especially in summer) except when we did hockey or we did it outside when it was freezing cold. i could never u se the on my period excuse because my p.e teacher said that doing p.e would make our periods better. my sister almost passed out cause she was in so much pain.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 10, 2011
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.