Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Best methods/excuses you have used to get out of PE. Watch

• View Poll Results: Did you ever try to get out of PE?
    Once
    5.74%
    Only if it was a class pact
    3.04%
    More than twice
    66.89%
    NEVER! I LOVE PE!
    24.32%

ReputationRep:
    'my thighs chaff'

ReputationRep:
    lol i used to write my own notes :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    If I get fed up mid lesson I always always get heat rash on my stomach so I just show the rash to my teacher and say I am having an alergic reaction to something. :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    I just pretend to fall over now. But one of my teachers makes me get back up again and carry on. My friend had a broken wrist and still had to do PE last year.

ReputationRep:
    one girl threw up in the middle of class once, after our rather sadistic teacher made us run around in the heat, and she made her keep on going because it was apparently a sign that she wasn't fit enough!
    I got off PE for two months though because i broke the bone in my fingertip. 2 MONTHS! for a FINGERTIP! i had a note from the doctor's so they couldn't do anything about it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CheesyBeans)
    There was a teacher who apparently would want proof if a girl said they couldn't swim because of "the time of the month". I can imagine it was true too, dirty *****.
    usually that meant just a letter from the parents

ReputationRep:
    In year 10 I told my PE teacher I had a history exam (although I didn't study history, but it was the only exam on that day). Managed to get away with it for a couple of days till my teacher found out I didnt study history...

ReputationRep:
    I used to write fake notes.:o: not all the time once in a while.
    Also I ended up cutting my leg really badly onceand it kept bleeding loads the P.E told me off for doing things whilst injured.:p:

ReputationRep:
    dead pet, works a charm?

ReputationRep:
    I have to say, my most ingenious way out of getting out of PE was when I turned up ten minutes late and said that I'd been throwing up in the toilets but I felt better now, but of course by then everyone was changed and the changing room door was locked. What a shame. Other than that my mum used to just write me notes. She's nice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by increaseyourfanbase)
    I have to say, my most ingenious way out of getting out of PE was when I turned up ten minutes late and said that I'd been throwing up in the toilets but I felt better now, but of course by then everyone was changed and the changing room door was locked. What a shame. Other than that my mum used to just write me notes. She's nice.
    The toilet excuse is so good! Thanks! lol! I'll have to try that one day!

I'd pretend I was Muslim during Ramadan. No lie.

ReputationRep:
    Im not suprised that on TSR the highest vote is "more than twice".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by [TuckingFypo])
    I'd pretend I was Muslim during Ramadan. No lie.

Pretending to be Christian and trying to give up Physical activity which was making you obsessed during Lent is one I've tried! Not as effective as the Ramadan one though.

The best one is "The Buddha said don't do anything that will cause you harm" and I tend to get hurt a lot while doing PE.

ReputationRep:
    I've got really bad ankle problems, so if you say that its a surefire to get out of it! Depends what sport.. Tennis, Basketball or Netball, i either blame a bad wrist or shoulder, or play for like five minutes and say the ball hit your wrist funny and its sending 'shooting pains up your arm if you move it' that's a great one!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by simon12345)
    PE was the only lesson that I actually looked forward to in school! Sports FTW.
    This!

I never missed a PE lesson. Plus our teachers were ****ing mental *****. You missed PE you got ****ED.

ReputationRep:
    Professor Griff was expelled for the making of anti-semitic remarks in the media.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abi-lucas)
    I've got really bad ankle problems, so if you say that its a surefire to get out of it! Depends what sport.. Tennis, Basketball or Netball, i either blame a bad wrist or shoulder, or play for like five minutes and say the ball hit your wrist funny and its sending 'shooting pains up your arm if you move it' that's a great one!
    Please don't bump three year old threads Locking.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 10, 2011
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.