Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Best methods/excuses you have used to get out of PE. Watch

• View Poll Results: Did you ever try to get out of PE?
    Once
    5.74%
    Only if it was a class pact
    3.04%
    More than twice
    66.89%
    NEVER! I LOVE PE!
    24.32%

ReputationRep:
    My PE teacher would say "detention" for all those who didn't do PE without a valid reason. Me and my friends never bothered to turn up for the detentions. At the end the teacher just said to us "I don't want to see you guys here anymore unless you want to participate" so we just sat on the benches talking. We "coched" (as we would say in school)

ReputationRep:
    Period pains. Mainly because I was in an all female environment, it never worked.
    Although, in an all male environment, I don't see the problem.
    Ramadan never worked either.

But, I liked PE.
    My friend, who always forged letters, I dragged into lessons and made her actually -move-.

ReputationRep:
    my 'period pains' thing worked as i had a older male teacher and i kept exaggerating it and clutching my stomach etc lol!

ReputationRep:
    at my school they said they dint wanna do it and didnt have to 4 ages then got stricter then got lighter again and just went to other lessons for c.w and that, period pains dint work tho, it helps they said. yesh right!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nothingspek)
    Physical Education is great. Don't skip it kids.
    Back 3 or 4 years ago at my school I tried to get out of PE because it wasn't great, it was where I got bullied. The PE teachers would just stay in their office while everyone changed, and while they did I'd get attacked. My parents called up the school because of this, and they still stayed in their office, and someone whacked me over the head with a boot bag with a pair of football boots in it full force. After that I ran out of the room, got picked straight up and wouldn't go back to school for another 3 days. Out actually doing PE was even worse, because the *******s could yell abuse at you and hit you and the teacher would n't even be able to see it happening.

ReputationRep:
    I have a weird finger and can click it out of position, so I then say it is broken and am unable to do pe due to risking further injury.

Our school you can't skip the lesson as they have introduced a new register system were if you have not been registered within 10 mins of the lesson then they assume you are bunking unless proved otherwise :grr:

ReputationRep:
    *posts, then goes back to read thread*

I've told a few terrible ones in my time, surprised she let me get away with it...

The best one was "I fell off the bus last night", and the worst thing is, it was true!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kultist)
    Back 3 or 4 years ago at my school I tried to get out of PE because it wasn't great, it was where I got bullied. The PE teachers would just stay in their office while everyone changed, and while they did I'd get attacked. My parents called up the school because of this, and they still stayed in their office, and someone whacked me over the head with a boot bag with a pair of football boots in it full force. After that I ran out of the room, got picked straight up and wouldn't go back to school for another 3 days. Out actually doing PE was even worse, because the *******s could yell abuse at you and hit you and the teacher would n't even be able to see it happening.
    Aw, well luckily not every school's like yours.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shyamp)
    i wrote myself a note from my parents, saying my son has a stitch and cannot do any physical activities (year 8 or 9)

One of my mate kept using Ramadan throughtout his school year for PE :P
    Lol stupid teacher said fasting was not an excuse .Anyway,ermm i used to go to the reception and say I was ill and then,sign myself out...:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I would forget my kit

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mask Of Sanity)
    Period pains. Mainly because I was in an all female environment, it never worked.
    Although, in an all male environment, I don't see the problem.
    Ramadan never worked either.

But, I liked PE.
    My friend, who always forged letters, I dragged into lessons and made her actually -move-.
    Dammit I know.They can't make you do PE during Ramadan.Thats cruel.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nothingspek)
    Aw, well luckily not every school's like yours.
    Weird thing is, I was one of the luckier ones. Some time during year 9 (where the absolute *******s got separated from the normal people, and you could pick what sports you did to avoid the rest of people who were dicks) I started to enjoy PE as it was a chance to **** around with my mates and generally have actual fun. But year 9 is also when we got a batch of year sevens who were evil incarnate, and when we got a new head who was about as useful as a **** flavoured lolipop. So a school that wasn't terrible as far as bullying went suddenly took a massive turn for the worse.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gemma16)
    period pains dint work tho, it helps they said. yesh right!!
    Forgive me if I'm wrong because I'm not a female and wouldn't know the full extend of this but I have read in a few places that exercise both before and during a period is meant to help relieve cramps etc...I guess all those endorphines help out.

Surprisingly as much as I disliked PE I don't think I really ever got out of it, just tried to do as little as possible...kind of stopped trying after year 8 after some bad experiences. I had a broken arm for 6 weeks that worked but that was real not an excuse so can't really think of anything.

ReputationRep:
    I loved PE. I used to be a beast at rugby (I was the only one in the class who played competitively so I slaughtered them) and also rounders, because I'm really over-competitive and actually tried to win.

ReputationRep:
    I would honestly do the detention on Weds lunchtimes than the PE. I hated it so ******* much.

My mate had a note that lasted from the first week of yr9 til he left, very unfair.

I'd mysteriously feel ill in the last 5 minutes of my history lesson every Tuesday, then toddle off to sit quietly in the office for an hour til hometime. Thanks Mrs Howell for letting me do that!

ReputationRep:
    A simple "not feeling well" note suffices. Only now and then for swimming lessons, though; firstly because I suck at swimming and secondly I knew I'd get a cold :P

ReputationRep:
    I once lied saying that I had period pains...the teacher made me go to one side of the hall alone to do "gentle stomach exercises" in full view of everyone. I was fairly young and all the boys were staring...oh the humiliation .

ReputationRep:
    if it was a bloke teacher i used to just mention period and he was like errr ok ok sit out, no question ha

ReputationRep:
    "I banged my head"

worked for 7 consecutive weeks...!

ReputationRep:
    Eugh, I hated doing P.E. in middle school especially if i was on my period, but that never worked as an excuse so it tended to be a sprained ankle or wrist once a month. I even kept a bandage from a real injury and used it a couple of times after that :p:

But I loved P.E during GCSE's because we only a few actually did GCSE P.E. so the rest of use got to choose to do what ever we wanted

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 10, 2011
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.