Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Best methods/excuses you have used to get out of PE. Watch

• View Poll Results: Did you ever try to get out of PE?
    Once
    5.74%
    Only if it was a class pact
    3.04%
    More than twice
    66.89%
    NEVER! I LOVE PE!
    24.32%

ReputationRep:
    We had been doing football for the past 6 months and so the PE teacher said 'Get outside and we'll play football'

And me and my mate let out a massive annoyed grunting noise and he turned around and made us get changed.

The system works.

ReputationRep:
    I used parents' notes, doctor's notes and the female excuse interchangeably

ReputationRep:
    I shall keep these in mind when I start teaching. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    We used to have 'games afternoon' once a week which was three hours of running round a field being made to play hockey/lacrosse/netball with people who were actually good at it, I on the other hand was crap. I forged a note from my Mum every other week for two years saying I had to go to therapy... :o:

(It wasn't a complete lie, I did have to go every other week...)

My mum also wrote me a note saying I couldn't go swimming because the chlorine irritated my skin...Which again wasn't a total lie because I did have terrible skin that would go a bit red, but it was a bit of an exaggeration...

ReputationRep:
    Me and my best friend discovered that if you can get away with it for about four weeks, the teacher just "gave up" (also helps if you have a P.E. teacher who is a) overweight and b) refuses to demonstrate how to hurdle, highjump... she had sympathy for our lack of athletic-ness!)

Basic tricks:
    Parent's note
    Progress onto forged parent's note
    Hide
    "Doctor advised me not to" (will only work for one week)
    Period pain
    Waterworks!!!
    I AM GOING TO FAIL MY GCSE'S IF YOU DO NOT LET ME SIT OUT AND WATCH!!!
    Anxiety over P.E. "I worry about it all week (sob)".

Reading that back, I feel my teacher was a soft touch...

ReputationRep:
    I loved PE, for the wrong reasons. I'd piss off the people who take sport too seriously.

ReputationRep:
    I always loved the way that in a class of 25 girls there was never more than 10 who actually swam in lessons.

The teachers can't even say that you had it last week incase you didn't and it ends up a very messy situation

ReputationRep:
    I liked PE and don't think I ever tried to get out of it! Besides, only the losers in our school tried to get out of it and I'd rather have had a laugh with my friends doing PE than sit out at the side talking to people I thought were pointless. It's not as if PE was a hard lesson anyway!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Snips)
    I loved PE, for the wrong reasons. I'd piss off the people who take sport too seriously.

Haha. We did that too.

Some people got fooball on a Friday morning confused with the World Cup Final.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by balloon_parade)
    I shall keep these in mind when I start teaching. :yep:
    I think it's best to ask why people want to skip it - I hated my teacher and my class and got picked on mercilessly. I was never really good, but I loved sport and joined a bunch of clubs when I started secondary school - my PE teacher and the chavvy girly girls made me hate them so much that I slowly gave them all up, until I became too unfit to do PE properly anyway, as well as being overweight, adding another reason to hate it.

If I'd had a decent, understanding PE teacher I would probably have been a reasonable student - be warned! PE teachers can make or break a kid, esp if they're a bit sexuality/gender variant/unhappy with their body.

ReputationRep:
    i bet this thread is full of fat kids who got picked last in team sports.

ReputationRep:
    I was the queen of getting out of P.E. at my school, i think i went through about 4 years of not doing it, i told them i was having bad back pains and back cramps, which i was but not to the extent i was telling them. At first they were cool with it, and the the teacher didnt really ask too many questions, then that teacher retired and a new younger teacher came and wasnt having any of anyones excuses and would publically embarrass me in front of everyone to try and get me to do it. My responce was to go to the head of my year and complain, because i was a hard worker in my other lessons he told me not to go to any more P.E lessons and to go to the library instead to work.

Now im about to go into teacher training, i know exactly what to look out for when the excuses start pooring in.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yusuf.T)
    He's hit the nail on the head, but I was picked 2nd to last.

Because wherever you are, theres always somebody fatter. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    :yep:
    Well, I wasn't fat at the time, just cripplingly unpopular. *Then* I became the fat kid, because I gave up sport of all kinds.

ReputationRep:
    Feigned an injury once, but only to get a "5 minute pass", which in effect meant avoiding the rush between classes and before lunch.

It was gymnastics block at the time, so I didn't miss anything good, as I enjoy proper sports

ReputationRep:
    I bunked it pretty much every week, was one of the awesomeest criciketers and hockey players in my year, fat kid? hmmm ...doubt it

But early years i did it, year 10-11 couldn't be arsed.

I used to say i had rashes in secret places, that always worked.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hannah_x)
    That's a really poor poll.
    I have managed to avoid every PE lesson this year and am damn proud of it.
    I have had "doctor's appointments" on 4 consecutive Wednesdays
    x
    Absolutely lovin' that;the olds ones are definitely the best. I'll try it sometime, I've got trampolining come up soon. :shifty:

ReputationRep:
    I loved PE and games. =( ....had to miss it once or twice maybe when I forgot my kit but genuine reason. lol

ReputationRep:
    My karma is leaking

ReputationRep:
    What's with all the PE hate everyone?

I loved PE, it was my favourite subject. I think I missed like three or four PE lessons in the whole of my school career, and that was becuase of real reasons. In my school, people used to bunk most of the day, then come back into school for the last few periods for PE.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 10, 2011
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.