Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Best methods/excuses you have used to get out of PE. Watch

• View Poll Results: Did you ever try to get out of PE?
    Once
    5.74%
    Only if it was a class pact
    3.04%
    More than twice
    66.89%
    NEVER! I LOVE PE!
    24.32%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fisherman)
    What's with all the PE hate everyone?

I loved PE, it was my favourite subject. I think I missed like three or four PE lessons in the whole of my school career, and that was becuase of real reasons. In my school, people used to bunk most of the day, then come back into school for the last few periods for PE.

It wasn't the pe itself I dislike it was the spending twenty minutes of a 40 minute lesson getting change in/out of our kits meaning we only had 20 minutes of actual pe. So was pretty pointless. Also the changing rooms are so small you can't breath let alone move

ReputationRep:
    I just used to write fake notes from my mum, usually saying that I twisted my ankle, or I was ill so I can't do PE.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    I have dyspraxia. It affected me a lot back in my first few years of primary school, but by the time I was in secondary school I barely knew I had it. The teachers didn't need to know that though. Managed to avoid P.E for the first two years, until they realized that I was obviously more capable than I was letting on. :doh: So I had one year of hell before year 10, after which I didn't have to worry about it because GCSEs took priority.

ReputationRep:
    Well I get out of it pretty much every week. I just blame my mum "I gave it her to put in the wash and she's put it somewhere, I don't have a clue where though" I HATE P.E with a passion, thank God we have it on Mondays to get it over with early in the week.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by letsdothetimewarpagain)
    It wasn't the pe itself I dislike it was the spending twenty minutes of a 40 minute lesson getting change in/out of our kits meaning we only had 20 minutes of actual pe. So was pretty pointless. Also the changing rooms are so small you can't breath let alone move
    Our PE was always 1h 20 minutes, short ones do seem pointless. But, to be fair, we used to get changed, walked about 1 mile to the field that was far away from school, and back, which took about 40 minutes. So we got 40 minutes of PE.

And we used to also occassionally get a bus up to an astro turf pitch, which took 25 minutes each way. So we got 30 minutes of PE. Astro turf playing used to be great, the pitch froze solid, and it's like playing on concrete. We used to break hockey sticks, and people's bones, on it all the time. Once, I collided with a guy on the frozen astro turf, he went down, whisked away to hospital, broken arm. It was great fun playing though, the ball goes for miles on a frozen pitch. And your hands used to go so cold you couldn't move your fingers, but it was still awesome. I love sport.

ReputationRep:
    I used to have a note forgery business going on in Year 11, because of the versatility of my handwriting style. Very successful it was too, although I placed limits on the number of notes that I would produce.

ReputationRep:
    My excuses were:

Id injured myself in PE before Xmas and wasnt fit for PE for about 3 weeks after Xmas
    Chest Infection/Heavy Cold (they used to really knock me for 6)
    PE Kit got nicked, so dint heave anything to wear (my PE bag came back with my change of Underpants and a towel (we had to have both))

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Snookercraze)
    With a parental note, NO teacher would or could dare question that.
    WRONG!

ReputationRep:
    The best excuse I heard was one of my friends, - "I fell off my bike and hurt my back". :p: We were about 15 too.

My school was quite stricked. They don't accept notes saying you aren't well, because they bring out the "if you're well enough to be in school you're well enough to do PE" phrase. Kids fasting have to do it too. Period pains never go down well.

If teachers don't like someone's excuse they give you smelly kit to wear.

We eventually opted for the 'get changed but do nothing' method. During years 10 and 11 we had a small, all-girls class full of loads of chavs so even people like me seemed enthusiastic in comparison. The teachers knew we were lost causes.

I didn't need an excuse; my kneecaps (especially the right) grew wrong on the inside, so the bones rub together. It still affects me now - sometimes I can't walk without a stick.

ReputationRep:
    just walkin in limpin n say you banged it on a table, n they let you sit it out .
    then say youve forgot your trackies, but got everythin else.
    er get music lessons for this time.
    say youve got locked in the girls changin rooms ( me n ma pal done this, it worked n was a total buzz) haha.
    just say you feel sick.

oh and i used '' i fell down the stairs n hurt my back'' quite often. i used it twice then once i actually did do that, so now she just thinks im mega clumsy lmao.

ReputationRep:
    If you wear earings refuse to take them out. That's what I did, I managed to miss my PE lesson plus I was put on report. Actually scrap my idea. :P

ReputationRep:
    I used to love PE. What a perfect excuse to take a break from academics, and go throw a ball around. I loved it when it rained, as we'd all stay inside and play benchball.

It helped that I was average to good at all sports with balls, including hitting them, and swimming. I don't know how I am now, but I used to be freakin' awesome at getting a basketball through the hoop. Athletics, though... meh. I'd do it, to be a good sport, as it were. People who bunked off and sat around the edges/ went off somewhere seemed to think they were really cool, but, well... maybe they were right. But so what?

(Never did lacrosse, hockey, or cross-country races-- anything like that. My school was absolutely bog-standard.)

ReputationRep:
    i just didnt turn up to PE

ReputationRep:
    I used the excuse of having my appendix out for ages! I always used the period pains excuse too.

ReputationRep:
    I was a reclusive child, avoiding the sun for large parts of my middle youth :p: and it meant I had pretty pale skin. I just didn't eat much the lunchtime before, I went and asked them a question really frailly, they'd ask if I was alright... from then, my days of watching SODDING WET MUDDY RUGBY and not being involved in it (considering im a skinny, VERY CLUMSY and unlucky lightweight) during the winter were secured.

ReputationRep:
    Girls always have easy excuses! annoying!
    I always kept an undated note from my parents in my bag, saying I was feeling generally unwell. After a while the PE teachers just didn't bother anymore.

ReputationRep:
    pe was the best subject going!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by high_maintenance_girl)
    i was hoping it wouldn't come to that
    and anyway
    as if i would
    Well that's a shame, old chap.

ReputationRep:
    I always liked PE...which was fortunate as our school accepted no excuses whatsoever.

I remember when I had sports day in Year 8 and one of the girls in my class had broken her ankle 2 weeks before, our form tutor was so desperate for our class to win she forced the girl to run in the 100m race.

Which really goes to show how crap the rest of the class must have been at running lmso

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 10, 2011
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.