Turn on thread page Beta

Best methods/excuses you have used to get out of PE. watch

• View Poll Results: Did you ever try to get out of PE?
    Once
    6.04%
    Only if it was a class pact
    3.02%
    More than twice
    66.78%
    NEVER! I LOVE PE!
    24.16%

ReputationRep:
    My friend got out of swimming lessons by claiming she had hydrophobia or something.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dorito)
    Haha. We did that too.

Some people got fooball on a Friday morning confused with the World Cup Final.
    Exactly - me and a few others would stand around (not moving an inch when in goal), if the ball was passed to us we would watch it roll past. I loved it

ReputationRep:
    We just skived and didn't turn up. That was basically every lesson of Year 11 PE.

There was not once that i was even asked why i wasn't going by school, and i must have missed 25+ lessons that year. :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    I usually used the excuse of a "pulled muscle" to get out of PE.

For almost the whole cross country season in year 9 I had genuine problems with my foot which meant I got out of it.

And in year 11 I did no PE at all, for a very legitimate reason, score (Y)

ReputationRep:
    I persevered with my dreaded flute playing just so I could move the lesson to PE time and miss cross-country running in winter

ReputationRep:
    Some idiot in my secondary school once handed a note supposedly from his mum to our head of PE saying:

Dear Sir,
    Unfortunately Barry can't do PE today as he has forgotten his PE kit.
    Yours sincerely,
    Barry's Mum

His real name wasn't Barry btw

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by becky.fm)
    We just skived and didn't turn up. That was basically every lesson of Year 11 PE.

There was not once that i was even asked why i wasn't going by school, and i must have missed 25+ lessons that year. :dontknow:

We can't get away for skipping even a single lesson :grr:

Damn technology

ReputationRep:
    My teacher asked a girl to swim during her period because he thought she was lying!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oracle_163)
    My teacher asked a girl to swim during her period because he thought she was lying!

:eek:

That can't of been nice

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Democracy)
    Period pains.

Didn't work for some reason :unsure:

Yeh, i used to try that and they'd say "Exercise helps" and make me do it -_-

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by letsdothetimewarpagain)
    :eek:

That can't of been nice
    Well it certainly was messy...

ReputationRep:
    My vagina hurts.

ReputationRep:
    My PE teacher threatened to beat me up (in year 9, the last year of PE)

I usually did PE though - but sick notes worked a treat.

I used to call him "Roysten" (his first name) behind his back (to my parents, etc). One time my mum wrote a note saying:

"Dear Mr Roysten,
    Please excuse Tristan from PE today because [reason]

Sincerely,
    [Name]"

She genuinally thought his formal/surname was Roysten! Lucky I checked the note before handing it in

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oracle_163)
    Well it certainly was messy...

Has the teacher done it since?? *hopes they learnt their lesson*

ReputationRep:
    I don't really skive PE, I like sports. Even if the PE teacher can be a bit of a *******.

ReputationRep:
    I hated PE with a passion. Could never see the point of it.

Before anyone takes the *oh yes you would say that because your a fat geek* line, ok, yes, I may be a bit geeky, I will let you have that, but I didn't really do much PE, however skipping it has not made me morbidly obese and cripplingly unhealthy (I am a slim 12, never been sick properly for 8 years, eat a healthy diet, have my 5 a day, take 2 walks every day, and being forced to do it, did not make me love the subject, in fact my passionate hate of it was further ignited, and gave me more inspiration to think of different excuses.

ReputationRep:
    I never used to want to get out of PE! I thought it was pretty fun - bit of a break from boring subjects etc. anyway.
    I was probably the teacher's pet, mainly because I actually tried. Haha. :^_^:

On the few occasions I wanted to miss it (usually because we were doing a sport I really didn't enjoy), I'd just ask if I could do something else. Normally we'd be split into groups anyway. Otherwise, the odd health-related excuses (particularly for swimming) worked.

ReputationRep:
    Period pains every other week... the teacher didn't figure out until after a few months @[email protected]

When it gets near the exams it's "Miss/Sir, can I go do some revision, I have an exam tomorrow and my cat died so I was ill etc. etc..."

ReputationRep:
    my friend got herself a 'reccuring cartilage problem in her knees as a result of doing a lot of dancing and gymnastics when she was you' , I wish I thought of it except I really cant dance and it was blatently obvious in PE

ReputationRep:
    I hated PE. We had 16 lessons every term, and I think one term I only did it twice... we have a practice room for musical instruments in our school, kinda tucked away in the IT department (God knows why?) and I just used to go and practice the piano. It's not fun to be gay when the rest of the very homophobic class of boys hates you, and you have to get changed/play rugby haha. So glad I don't have to do it now.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 10, 2011
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.