Turn on thread page Beta

Best methods/excuses you have used to get out of PE. watch

• View Poll Results: Did you ever try to get out of PE?
    Once
    6.04%
    Only if it was a class pact
    3.02%
    More than twice
    66.78%
    NEVER! I LOVE PE!
    24.16%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fisherman)
    What's with all the PE hate everyone?

I loved PE, it was my favourite subject.
    Depends on your school/teacher etc I guess. In our school PE = Football + Rugby, all year, no change. If you were lucky you had a couple of weeks of cricket at the end of term. Personally I hate rugby, and find football dull so yeh PE sucked.

IF we would've had swimming, running, basketball, circuit training, hockey, stuff like that instead then I'm sure I would've loved PE.

ReputationRep:
    I'm very proud of my PE dodging ability. At the beginning of year 9 I had injured my foot, so I got off with a parental note for a couple of weeks, then my teacher asked for a new note, so I wrote one myself as a certified First Aider at Work claiming that I was recommended to avoid sports until I felt able to participate. He laughed and accepted it but said that next week I'd be doing it unless I had a Dr's note. So basically I took a letter from my GP reminding me to update my next of kin or something, cropped the letter head off, stuck it to a sheet of plain A4, scanned it, used photoshop to remove evidence of cutting and pasting and printed it in colour. I then typed a letter claiming that I should be excused from PE "until further notice", and printed it on the letter headed paper I'd just prepared. They accepted it without question Every couple of weeks they asked if I'd be likely to be fit to join in again any time soon, to which I'd respond "We'll see how things go". In the end they just stopped bothering asking and even said I didn't have to stand and watch, I could just go to the library or the music department and do work.

I did one PE lesson at the start of year 9, and I didn't do another one since then

For those who are wondering, my reasons for avoiding were initially because I hated football, rugby and basketball, and I did enough excercise outside of school to justify not taking part in those as far as I was concerned. Also, when people found out I was gay I was tormented relentlessly, so the changing rooms etc were an area I'd rather just avoid.

ReputationRep:
    I ever used to have to come up with an excuse. I usually ended up leaving school in an emergency ambulance a couple of lessons before PE with an Asthma Attack (and no I wasn’t faking it as the ambulance crews would have known and on many occasions I was actually blue lighted to hospital)

Although there was one day I wasn’t taking part in PE and I turned up, my Asthma started playing up and the teacher refused me my medication (the end result, I was blue lighted to hospital)…he thought I faked attacks to get out of PE (Ambulance crews don’t tend to blue light people to hospital for a fake Asthma Attack)

In the end the consultant at the respiratory clinic I attended decided it was PE that was causing my attacks. I hated it so much that I started to panic a few hours before, which resulted in me having an Asthma Attack

On the few occasions I did PE I injured myself really badly (ripped the ligaments in my ankle following an accident on a machine I was told to use by the teacher without any instructions as to how to use it safely) or the time I was slide tackled in football and had a sever injury to my back (which kept me off PE for a couple of months).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RJ555)
    Depends on your school/teacher etc I guess. In our school PE = Football + Rugby, all year, no change. If you were lucky you had a couple of weeks of cricket at the end of term. Personally I hate rugby, and find football dull so yeh PE sucked.

IF we would've had swimming, running, basketball, circuit training, hockey, stuff like that instead then I'm sure I would've loved PE.

We used to have netball, tennis and (occasionally) rounders all year which bored the crap out of me apart from the rounders.

Now we have yoga, kick boxing, basketball, dance and more of rounders.

ReputationRep:
    "Haven't got my kit.", which was generally a genuine excuse, because I'd, "forgot" to bring my kit. In the first 4 years of high school, you were generally made to wear lost and found kit. In the last year, our PE teacher had too much work to do outside of the department to care. This, ironically, led to me doing PE more often, because we were told to just do whatever we wanted, so me and a few mates would set up a game of dodgeball or play squash. Of course, my opinion now is, if it's going to be a requirement, just give us more choice :/

ReputationRep:
    Its easy to get out of PE at my school, just say you've forgotten your kit and refuse to wear a spare one. If the teachers are feeling mean, they would give you a 5 minute detention but most of the time they didn't bother! As I go to an all girls, all the PE teachers are female so you couldn't use the period excuse that usually works with male PE teachers, or so I've heard. (:

ReputationRep:
    I never did PE. Absolutely hated it! One of the only times I can remember doing it I accidentally hit my PE teacher in the leg with a badminton racquet. Oops.

ReputationRep:
    I took a letter from my GP reminding me to update my next of kin or something, cropped the letter head off, stuck it to a sheet of plain A4, scanned it, used photoshop to remove evidence of cutting and pasting and printed it in colour. I then typed a letter claiming that I should be excused from PE "until further notice", and printed it on the letter headed paper I'd just prepared. They accepted it without question Every couple of weeks they asked if I'd be likely to be fit to join in again any time soon, to which I'd respond "We'll see how things go". In the end they just stopped bothering asking and even said I didn't have to stand and watch, I could just go to the library or the music department and do work.
    I <3 you!

I never did PE. Absolutely hated it! One of the only times I can remember doing it I accidentally hit my PE teacher in the leg with a badminton racquet. Oops.
    Well, I was banned from doing atheletics due to an unfortunate near miss with a javilin and some teachers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pcok)
    PE is the best lesson, why would you want to skip it?!!!
    It was the worst lesson ever... apart from maybe drama was a little worse, but yeh they are the two worst lessons when non of your friends are in your form and you hate all the people in the form and they hate you!
    although i did mostly do PE as my mum refused to ever write me a note
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    No wonder Britain's girls are getting so fat with so many putting in so much effort to dodge PE and any sort of physical activity.

ReputationRep:
    The PE teachers at school wouldn't let you get out of it unless you had absolute proof, and even then they were only sympathetic to sports injuries. I once had a pretty severe case of food poisoning and was off school for a week and still felt a bit blegh on the day i went back so my mum wrote me a note asking for me to miss first lesson PE. They said if I was well enough to come to school I was well enough to PE, I didn't get past the netball warm up before fainting!

ReputationRep:
    My class once decided none of us wanted to do it because it was really cold. Someone got a board pen, wrote up 'PE lesson cancelled for 9P today' and wrote 'Mrs' under it - we pretended we thought our form tutor had written it and her name had rubbed off. No one blamed us, the PE teacher was just pissed!

Swimming was the best in Year 8 - sometimes 60% of our class (all girls) were sitting by the pool doing nothing due to their 'period'!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Revd. Mike)
    I did one PE lesson at the start of year 9, and I didn't do another one since then
    I am STILL jealous of this, 6 years on. :shifty:

ReputationRep:
    This is why there is so much obesity in Britain.

/jk, dw

ReputationRep:
    My friend used to say she had her period so couldn't go swimming- but she said it every week. Yet it still worked...

ReputationRep:
    i loved PE...playing rugby in the winter and cricket in the summer was awesome. It also helped break the day up a little bit and it was generally a laugh.

"It's too cold for this." *Goes back for coat/gloves/hat/something warm*......*doesn't come back*

I liked that one. :proud:

The most popular one was, I forgot my kit, it's at home. (It's actually in locker). And then when the teach asks you to put some of the spare kit on, they "never had shoes that fitted." :ninja: Shame.

ReputationRep:
    I can honestly say I did not do PE once since year 7.

No excuse needed. The PE teachers get use to the fact that I AM NOT DOING IT.

ReputationRep:
    I didn't turn up to any but two of my lessons in year 11, my teacher knew aswell, though he didn't really care.
    He sometimes asked me about it if he saw me in the corridor and my excuse was: 'Oh...errrrr..yeah...errr' *runs* :p:

ReputationRep:
    Tell headmaster you can't take part in PE as the teacher touches you when you get changed.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 10, 2011
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.