Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

KPMG Gap Year Scheme - numerical and verbal tests - Anyone done them? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lili_220)
    i checked on Deloitte, they do mention CSR and all that jazz but how much of it is for show i don know.

OMG they still havnt given me an interview date!!!
    how long did u have to wait in between offer and interview taking place? its been two weeks now. i cant make any plans for the holidays because im scared they will demand a day and i will not be able to negotiate with them.

i had a mock interview the other day and the interviewer just kept on interupting and saying 'SLOW DOWN'...
    humm the way i think it about it, faster you do it the faster you get it down.
    maybe not the best stategy eh? haha
    Hahahaha!! you make me chuckle! i think drowning the interviewer in words may not be quite the best strategy to go for :P

I recieved an email on the 18 November saying "Congratulations on successfully completing the online numerical and verbal reasoning tests. I am delighted to say that we would now like to invite you to attend an interview. Please click http://www.kpmgapplygrad.co.uk/index.asp to book a time and date convenient to you. " So i followed the link and the only choice for me was 25 November at either 10am or 11am. (I think that if i had not bee able to do this day and told them they wud have sorted me out with another day, but i wud have had to wait a while.) They do all their interviews on the same day - when i was there i saw 2 ppl come out b4 i went in, and 2 ppl after me. I also ended up sharing a taxi back to the station with another person that had an interview the same time as me.

What date did u recieve an email to say that u had passed the tests? With my AC, i found out i passed my interview nearly 3 weeks after i had it!! so much for 3 days!! and ive been waiting a week to hear a date for my AC (after recieving an email saying congrats, and we will be in touch bla bla)

I think it may just be that its coming up to xmas! I am going away 4 xmas, so i cant do an AC til jan. I wudnt worry about making plans, i doubt they will b back to u til new year. I will let you know tho when they get back to me with a date

ReputationRep:
    Have all offices been filled for this gap year programme? i recently tried to complete the application form, however, on the application details area there was no option for gap year, just for 'graduate'?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by faz123)
    Have all offices been filled for this gap year programme? i recently tried to complete the application form, however, on the application details area there was no option for gap year, just for 'graduate'?
    probably means they're all full then you could try ringing to check, but my guess would be if there's no option to apply to them that they're filled already.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to finance and bankingGuide to accountancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

ICAEW logo

ICAEW

"Choose a career journey with limitless possibilities."

Quick link:

Unanswered finance and accountancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.